Xavier/Seton Hall Cancelled 1/16 | The Boneyard

Xavier/Seton Hall Cancelled 1/16

Reaction Score
Yeah, 0% chance that game is played. Maybe we can get Providence in this weekend (their next scheduled game is 1/20). St. John's has a week open after our game so maybe the Big East can move it back a day or two to accommodate. Do have to say being down Bouk I don't mind missing a team competing for the 3 seed.

Reaction Score
I bet the big east tournament will be cancelled for makeup games to be played in a bubble. Probably the only scenario at this point.

Otherwise this is good news. One less game with no Bouknight.

Reaction Score
14 day quarantine sounds good right about now actually. Heal them boys up.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Please stop with cancel when you mean postpone!! NCSt was cancelled because they decided not to play any more OOC. Villanova was postponed to a later date it hasn’t been cancelled

Reaction Score
Big East needs to do some quick shuffling.
Has the BE done ANY quick shuffling? It looks like they moved games into the two open weeks further down the road in February but haven't actually moved teams into upcoming games to fill more recent openings. Am I correct??

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Please stop with cancel when you mean postpone!! NCSt was cancelled because they decided not to play any more OOC. Villanova was postponed to a later date it hasn’t been cancelled
Until the game has been played, it’s cancelled. The way things are going, I don’t see them playing majority of these games

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yeah, 0% chance that game is played. Maybe we can get Providence in this weekend (their next scheduled game is 1/20). St. John's has a week open after our game so maybe the Big East can move it back a day or two to accommodate. Do have to say being down Bouk I don't mind missing a team competing for the 3 seed.

Could also schedule Seton Hall for Sunday. Either providence or them would be a day trip on a bus, so no issues with booking flights or hotels. Move St John’s to Tuesday or Wednesday. This needs to happen, we can’t keep going a week in between games.

While I get people are okay playing less games without Bouk, this team NEEDS reps, especially our guards. Not playing IMO hurts our chances of a deep march run more than a few losses without our best player.

We’ve only played 8 games nearly 2 months into the season. A game a week doesn’t get this team ready for March.

Reaction Score
Has the BE done ANY quick shuffling? It looks like they moved games into the two open weeks further down the road in February but haven't actually moved teams into upcoming games to fill more recent openings. Am I correct??
I don't recall them doing it on the men's side but I know the UConn women shuffled a game when 2 other teams had COVID issues. And then of course that newly rescheduled game quickly got postponed also due to COVID issues.

Reaction Score
Is the plan to reschedule these cancelled conference games (Nova and maybe Xavier), or is the plan to cancel altogether? Feel like the NCAA should push back the conference and NCAA tourneys a couple weeks to allow for some reschedules to take place. But yes...if we can reduce the # of games Bouk misses from 9 to 7, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Reaction Score
Yep -let’s go cancel as many games as possible till Bouk comes back - why the hell would you guys wanna jam in games now without bouknight and for the life of me I can’t understand why the NCAA isnt pushing back the start of the tourney a couple weeks just to give conferences a chance to readjust from Covid scheduling -makes no sense -again -what’s the rush if the tournament ends in the middle of April ? who cares. What’s going on in April anyways

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Yep -let’s go cancel as many games as possible till Bouk comes back - why the hell would you guys wanna jam in games now without bouknight and for the life of me I can’t understand why the NCAA isnt pushing back the start of the tourney a couple weeks just to give conferences a chance to readjust from Covid scheduling -makes no sense -again -what’s the rush if the tournament ends in the middle of April ? who cares. What’s going on in April anyways
I'll offer an alternative view with a couple points:

1) I don't think the rest of the season is promised, so I'd like to take any action that maximizes the chance to watch this team play basketball.

2) I think we can win without Bouk and I like the development opportunities it brings for guys like Martin and Polley.

3)UConn doesn't play for W/L record in the regular season, they play to get better so they can be the best when it matters most in March. I don't mind if we take a few L's in the process to get better. Other teams are. I like this team's chances to do damage when it all comes together.

Reaction Score
This, also why do people want to cram in unscheduled games now when Bouknight is out, Jackson is out, and Akok is just coming back?
I'm not for cramming games, but if XU is cancelled, we have one game over a 12-day period. Rest is important, but too much of a lull takes players out of their flow. Also for Akok, it's important that he get live game reps to reintegrate, he can't get that in practice.

Reaction Score

1) I don't think the rest of the season is promised, so I'd like to take any action that maximizes the chance to watch this team play basketball.

2) I think we can win without Bouk and I like the development opportunities it brings for guys like Martin and Polley.

3)UConn doesn't play for W/L record in the regular season, they play to get better so they can be the best when it matters most in March. I don't mind if we take a few L's in the process to get better. Other teams are. I like this team's chances to do damage when it all comes toge

3)UConn doesn't play for W/L record in the regular season, they play to get better so they can be the best when it matters most in March. I don't mind if we take a few L's in the process to get better. Other teams are. I like this team's chances to do damage when it all comes together.
I get it but wouldn’t u rather get better in practice while guys like Jackson akok and Bouk rehab as opposed to possibly dropping 3-4 games /getting a bad tourney seed and getting knocked out first round in March ? Id rather have a full loaded squad in a month than force games in now while we are at 75%

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
screwball as it is, COVID delays are our friend at the moment. so it goes.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I get it but wouldn’t u rather get better in practice while guys like Jackson akok and Bouk rehab as opposed to possibly dropping 3-4 games /getting a bad tourney seed and getting knocked out first round in March ? Id rather have a full loaded squad in a month than force games in now while we are at 75%
I think it comes down to how confident you are we can win without Bouk. Looks like I’m slightly more confident than you but understand the position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom