Xavier pausing activities | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Xavier pausing activities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, but still a very irresponsible act and with a neck gaiter. Ugh he surely had no concern for others.
How would you know if he cares? They were there drinking already, he helped them out. Typical America... everyone thinks they know best.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but still a very irresponsible act and with a neck gaiter. Ugh he surely had no concern for others.
He had concern for a local business, the people who work there, and fans of Xavier basketball.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure he could have just called the bar, given them his credit card number, and told them to cut it off at $2K.
That would have been better.

Reaction Score
Good intentions bad judgement. Probably shouldve paid over the phone and been on a live video with a message to the fans.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
We have a Constitution with a Bill of Rights. There will be no anti-speech bill. The standard cannot be superseded by a legislature. And if it is "within 2 years", the Supreme Court is +3 conservative at the moment. You can rest easy. I will gladly take the over on that bet. The Harper's Letter again had nothing to do with free speech. There is a reason it did not include the phrase within.
Actually, I love this interaction, between us. Maybe we should take it to private, so as not to rankle.
My under/over was for a law being passed - not for a SCOTUS review.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are just suggestions - they are not binding. They are not immutable. They mean only what 5 people say they mean. Nothing more, nothing less. If 5 people say "Free Speech" does not include "hate" speech, then that's that.

If you want the 2 year U/O on the legislation being enacted, name your wager. I'll take the under.

If you want an U/O on the legislation withstanding SCOTUS review, then I need to see what happens with POTUS and the Senate in 2 months.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Pretty sure he could have just called the bar, given them his credit card number, and told them to cut it off at $2K.
I think you are right, nothing he did was meant to be malicious, but with this pandemic less contact is more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom