Xavier just upset Creighton..not good for us | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Xavier just upset Creighton..not good for us

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is that possible?
I redact that statement. We can finish virtually tied for 2nd but they obviously own the tie breaker. They’re 13-6 and were 9-6. They finish with Nova so if they lose they’ll have 13-7 for a .650 win %. If we win out we’ll be 11-6 for a .647 win%. Screwy year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I redact that statement. We can finish virtually tied for 2nd but they obviously own the tie breaker. They’re 13-6 and were 9-6. They finish with Nova so if they lose they’ll have 13-7 for a .650 win %. If we win out we’ll be 11-6 for a .647 win%. Screwy year.
I've checked the standings multiple times after todays game: Creighton is 13-5 in the conference, games with Villanova and Butler remaining. Even if they lose to Villanova, they'll beat Butler to finish 14-6 in conference. UConn can finish 3rd in the Big East by beating Seton Hall and Georgetown. A loss to the Pirates and the Huskies may finish 5th...just a huge game fur us coming up.

Reaction Score
This doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Good for Xavier. Bad for Creighton, but they are in. Maybe hurts the league a little.... but I'm not even sure about that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was at a brewery today, watching the game. North Carolina vs Florida State came on after. UNC won, and I think that makes our blowout of Marquette look better too.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Let’s take a look at what UConn Twitter thought of the game.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I'm going to disagree here. I don't think this affects us much, if at all. Honestly, feels like this helps a bit cause now our win @Xavier, without bouk, looks better. I don't think there's any reason 4-5 big east teams can't get in.
Bully bully! This is a win for the Big East and five bids!

Reaction Score
Honestly if this is true, the whole system needs to be scrapped and reworked. Teams upset other teams ALL THE TIME! Relying on these silly statistical models where an upset here or there can move a team up or down 4 or 5 places is just insane. In the same way a pretty crumby Marquette team upsetting a mediocre UNC, a mediocre Xavier upsetting a solid Creighton should really not impact UConn much at all. Marquette still stinks. Xavier remains mediocre Creighton is still pretty solid. These models all have a similar flaw in that they overweight strength of schedule and they do it intentionally to benefit the power conferences.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Honestly if this is true, the whole system needs to be scrapped and reworked. Teams upset other teams ALL THE TIME! Relying on these silly statistical models where an upset here or there can move a team up or down 4 or 5 places is just insane. In the same way a pretty crumby Marquette team upsetting a mediocre UNC, a mediocre Xavier upsetting a solid Creighton should really not impact UConn much at all. Marquette still stinks. Xavier remains mediocre Creighton is still pretty solid. These models all have a similar flaw in that they overweight strength of schedule and they do it intentionally to benefit the power conferences.
Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom