Xavier in NIT Finals

MJ1

Reaction Score
Seton Hall- Women that is in NIT final four

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thats great for Xavier
They now see what they can do with the interim coach - no need to bring on that big time dirt bag Miller - grow a pair and admit the mistake and bag Miller

Reaction Score
Thats great for Xavier
They now see what they can do with the interim coach - no need to bring on that big time dirt bag Miller - grow a pair and admit the mistake and bag Miller
Really? It's just the NIT. Take it easy man.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They’re going to be a problem in a year or two. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re consistently in the top 3/4 in the conference

Reaction Score
Really? It's just the NIT. Take it easy man.
That was a heck of a field this year If every team goes into it with a positive attitude. It could have been a great tournament. Some unfortunately view as “Only” which diminishes the intensity that’s unfortunate for fans .
I believe the garden is no longer hosting so a great tradition since 1937 goes down the tubes. I suspect the NCAA will be forced to expand by at least 24-32 teams at some point without it.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Anyone old enough remembers when a few teams wouid pick the NIT over the NCAA. The NCAA I think was limited to 32 teams, with one team per conference. The season champ - with only the ACC having a ost season tourney and if that team wasn’t the regular season champ, the season champ was out of luck. Can’t recall what they did about any at large teams. A few leagues didn’t get auto bids, the Yancon lost theirs while I was at UConn even though UConn had just done pretty well two years in a row with the auto bud. Pissed us off. UConn actually turned down an NIT bid the next year.

Reaction Score
I tend to have a higher chance of watching the NIT finals if mid-majors are involved because that title tends to have more of an achievement feeling than two high-majors.

However, tonight includes two top-50 teams with the obvious interest in Xavier and the local flavor of Texas A&M (and in general, I'm a Buzz Williams fan).

I was lukewarm about watching tonight until I remembered Ms. Adrien has dinner plans...might as well watch it with the house free.

Reaction Score
Anyone old enough remembers when a few teams wouid pick the NIT over the NCAA. The NCAA I think was limited to 32 teams, with one team per conference. The season champ - with only the ACC having a ost season tourney and if that team wasn’t the regular season champ, the season champ was out of luck. Can’t recall what they did about any at large teams. A few leagues didn’t get auto bids, the Yancon lost theirs while I was at UConn even though UConn had just done pretty well two years in a row with the auto bud. Pissed us off. UConn actually turned down an NIT bid the next year.
I think Marquette turned down the NCAAs for the NIT the year before they won the National Championship.
Also think ST John's turned chose the NIT over the NCAA in the sixties/seventies.

Reaction Score
Is Xavier better off making the NIT finals and getting Sean Miller, or if, they made the tournament losing in first round and keeping Travis Steele?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Texas A&M dominating a lengthy Xavier team without playing a center or traditional Power forward. They just take you off the dribble with their guards every possession. The game has certainly changed folks.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This is a great game. Jones and Odom are going to be a PROBLEM together next year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Xavier is going to be very good next season.

I will add that when Kunkel is bad, he really sucks. He was terrible tonight.

Reaction Score
Nunge used the backboard and made the shot! 8-11 in conference and won the NIT. Good for Xavier.

Reaction Score
It's pretty amazing that Jonas Hayes led a team that squandered its NCAA tourney chances, had its head coach leave and then regroup and win five games in a row to earn the NIT championship.

No matter his future, major props to him and the Xavier staff.

Reaction Score
Win the NIT championship or lose in the NCAA playin game.....pick one

Reaction Score
It's pretty amazing that Jonas Hayes led a team that squandered its NCAA tourney chances, had its head coach leave and then regroup and win five games in a row to earn the NIT championship.

No matter his future, major props to him and the Xavier staff.
For sure, and you didn't even mention that Paul Scruggs, osentibly their best player, suffered a devastating injury during the NIT run. That's a lot of adversity to overcome.

Curious to see if Hayes sticks around next year. Dude should definitely be a head coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom