Xavier Coach Marinan Resigns | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Xavier Coach Marinan Resigns

Reaction Score
Like PP?

Kidding aside, I love marinan. He is a fantastic coach and could easily see him doing well on the uconn staff.

He seems to be a highly regarded and respected coach in CT, one that is a true teacher of the game. I would think that this could truly help our in state recruiting which is in dire need of helping.

Reaction Score
Not giving him the keys, just thinking about offering him a position coach slot and give him the New England recruiting territory.

I agree. He would shine coaching defensive linemen, linebackers, or Tight Ends.

Reaction Score
He seems to be a highly regarded and respected coach in CT, one that is a true teacher of the game. I would think that this could truly help our in state recruiting which is in dire need of helping.

Not only is a he a true teacher of the game, but he is a true leader of men. Gets the most out of his players and kids love and respect him. Would walk through a brick wall for him.

Secondly, we do not need to be recruiting CT. We need to be recruiting FLA, NJ, PA, OH. *Awaits Noel Thomas and Newsome responses*

Reaction Score
You recruit CT, your home state for THE BEST players regardless bro... plain and simple... If they have FBS level talent you recruit them, period. With that said you definitely recruit as hard as you possibly can FLA, NJ, PA, OH, along with TX, LA, and anywhere else there's talent....

Reaction Score
Call them AHs, Call them Gutless Cowards, Call them every vile thing in the book--but you do have to stay away from certain words, like the one he used, the C-word, a few others. You just stay away from that stuff in an educational institution.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Changing of the guard in the SCC:

Joe Morelli@nhrJoeMorelli 2 hours ago
Notre Dame-West Haven announces head coach Tom Marcucci has retired as head #cthsfb coach. Will stay on as AD.

That's four #cthsfb openings in the SCC: Hand, Xavier, Lyman Hall and now Notre Dame-West Haven.

Fillipone, Marinan and Marcucci - that's a bunch of wins. Legendary coaches that impacted a bunch of kids over the years.

Reaction Score

Notre Dame-West Haven announces head coach Tom Marcucci has retired as head #cthsfb coach. Will stay on as AD.

That's four #cthsfb openings in the SCC: Hand, Xavier, Lyman Hall and now Notre Dame-West Haven.

Fillipone, Marinan and Marcucci - that's a bunch of wins. Legendary coaches that impacted a bunch of kids over the years.

Very tough guy on the field, but a very nice guy off the field. Enthusiastic all the time.

Reaction Score
He should go to Hand or take a year off and then go to Brookfield if Angarano retires. Ledyard is an option too
Is he allowed to recruit at those schools like he has at Xavier? Edit:He can recruit at ND West Haven. The advantage of coaching at a Catholic School. There are no rules.

Reaction Score
Is he allowed to recruit at those schools like he has at Xavier? Edit:He can recruit at ND West Haven. The advantage of coaching at a Catholic School. There are no rules.

What does it matter? These kids come in as 130 pound sacks of formless clay. Some of the best players from that school in the past were not anything special as 14 year-olds.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I am hearing West Haven ND job to be announced next week. Hiring from current staff.

Reaction Score
Being filled in house (or so I'm being led to believe).
I am hearing West Haven ND job to be announced next week. Hiring from current staff.
Notre Dame HSWH ‏@notredamewh 5m5 minutes ago
Meet Notre Dame’s next head football coach! Joe DeCaprio takes over the helm for Tom Marcucci. #cthsfb
Joe DeCaprio Announced as Notre Dame's Next Head Football Coach at Team Banquet

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom