Xavier’s Desmond Claude enters the transfer portal | The Boneyard

Xavier’s Desmond Claude enters the transfer portal

Reaction Score
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Reaction Score
Word from X fans is that his family is extremely involved and want their son to play PG.

Reaction Score
I like Claude but his inability to shoot at his position makes it a tougher fit. Crazy enough, I’d probably look elsewhere.
No trying to be funny here, but what were your thoughts on Diarra before he got here?

Granted, Claude deserves a starting spot somewhere, but anyone who has skills and work ethic, Danny will get them to maximize their ability.

Just depends what role they are looking for.

Reaction Score
I like Claude but his inability to shoot at his position makes it a tougher fit. Crazy enough, I’d probably look elsewhere.

Xavier fans are popping champagne right now. Talent is great, but I don’t think we will want any part of this.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
2 years left, 6’6”? Sign him
Even if we have to play him at point guard? That’s the abundantly clear signals from his camp.

Reaction Score
Claude could absolutely fit here , especially if Karaban leaves. He can’t shoot the same way Castle couldn’t shoot and brings a similar profile. Under Danny he would look great.

Reaction Score
He’s a solid player but not sure he’s a fit here and I doubt we even give him a look
Also, if runner11's post is true and that Desmond's family wants him playing PG, that isn't going to work at UConn. He is a good player, but I have not seen anything from him to indicate he can run point guard. He might be able to play PG, but that is a leap of faith for another team to take.
UConn already has Hass and Nowell and if they think they need a 3rd PG it will be a transfer with experience playing PG.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Xavier fans on twitter were accusing Hurley of tampering with him a few weeks ago
It's true! Hurley and the Huskies were all over the media winning a national championship during this period. Clearly, that was just a device to induce Claude to leave X.

Reaction Score
Also, if runner11's post is true and that Desmond's family wants him playing PG, that isn't going to work at UConn. He is a good player, but I have not seen anything from him to indicate he can run point guard. He might be able to, but that is a big risk for another team to take.
UConn already has Hass and Nowell and if they think they need a 3rd PG it will be a transfer with experience playing PG.

Or a stud, five-star international player like Traore.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
why wouldn't he fit here?

He’s not a good shooter. He’s had 2 years to work on it and hasn’t improved (in fact he’s gotten worse with more volume). We’ve gotten away with two non shooters on the floor before but those guys have been elite level defenders which Claude isn’t.

I’m sure we’d see him get better here but I just don’t see us trying to make it work given his limitations.

Reaction Score
No trying to be funny here, but what were your thoughts on Diarra before he got here?

Granted, Claude deserves a starting spot somewhere, but anyone who has skills and work ethic, Danny will get them to maximize their ability.

Just depends what role they are looking for.
Figured Diarra would be about halfway between what we saw last year and this year. He was an easier situation because we knew he’d be a solid bench unit, low usage, great teammate type of guy. Listen, if Danny wants him, I’ll support it. His track record with transfers is fantastic. Just don’t love his fit with the current guys on the roster given his lack of shooting and high usage.

Reaction Score
He’s not a good shooter. He’s had 2 years to work on it and hasn’t improved (in fact he’s gotten worse with more volume). We’ve gotten away with two non shooters on the floor before but those guys have been elite level defenders which Claude isn’t.

I’m sure we’d see him get better here but I just don’t see us trying to make it work given his limitations.
This is true about his shot, word was he improved it in the offseason but it didn't translate to the court. Sean Miller said Claude played through an elbow injury all season and there's no doubt it impacted his three point shooting. He's getting a procedure done on his elbow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom