X-Girl chooses North Carolina | The Boneyard

X-Girl chooses North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not surprising, given her final two choices UNC is the more highly visible program. Wonder if she'll get the discipline that will enable her to become an All American and future pro. For all the talent UNC has had over the last 10 years, few go on to successful WNBA careers.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Good luck to the X-girl.

At some point soon Dawn will need to keep these SC kids home. She has already lost a 2013 SC player (Brown, HG #54) to UNC and another, Holland (HG #22), is not considering USC. There's also a highly ranked post player -- 6'4" Alaina Coates (HG #20) -- who will likely choose between UNC and USC. If Coates doesn't choose USC, there is going to be some grumbling in Columbia.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Not surprising, given her final two choices UNC is the more highly visible program. Wonder if she'll get the discipline that will enable her to become an All American and future pro. For all the talent UNC has had over the last 10 years, few go on to successful WNBA careers.

They were tied for 7th among all colleges with only UConn, Tennessee, Duke, Rutgers, Stanford, LSU ahead of them. I don't think that is bad at all. And this year, Breland and Lucas were drafted with Breland sticking.

Who are all the talented players that should have had successful WNBA careers? I'd venture to say that there are players at the schools I listed above that have had great players that didn't have successful WNBA careers.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
good for Xylena. hopefully she has found a home where she can do her best and be happy. i really like UNC and Hachell. of course, the men's team is another story.

i don't think Xylena is really a candidate for the WNBA. IIRC she's somewhere in the 20-30 range as far as rankings go. given the girls that come from over seas for drafts, and there are only 3 rounds i'm not sure where she would go.

of course it's way too soon to speculate really on that. she has 4 years to learn, grow, and prove herself. i wish her every success, until they play UCONN, then i hope we crush her! :) of course, if history is any indication, UNC getting within 20 would be a moral victory...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This decision is totally consistent with the statement that Xylina and Mom were planning to go to Chapel Hill overnight last night. Both beforehand and after the fact, that seems like the most logical interpretation of that planned trip.

Best wishes to Xylina and Sylvia. She should do well there. But they'll still lose to UConn by 30.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Nice campus and great school. I hope X will enjoy a productive 4 years.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
good for Xylena. hopefully she has found a home where she can do her best and be happy. i really like UNC and Hachell. of course, the men's team is another story.

i don't think Xylena is really a candidate for the WNBA. IIRC she's somewhere in the 20-30 range as far as rankings go. given the girls that come from over seas for drafts, and there are only 3 rounds i'm not sure where she would go.

of course it's way too soon to speculate really on that. she has 4 years to learn, grow, and prove herself. i wish her every success, until they play UCONN, then i hope we crush her! :) of course, if history is any indication, UNC getting within 20 would be a moral victory...

One benefit to Xylina not coming to UConn is that we won't have to read more posts in which Eric misspells her name.

Reaction Score
Good luck to the X-girl.

At some point soon Dawn will need to keep these SC kids home. She has already lost a 2013 SC player (Brown, HG #54) to UNC and another, Holland (HG #22), is not considering USC. There's also a highly ranked post player -- 6'4" Alaina Coates (HG #20) -- who will likely choose between UNC and USC. If Coates doesn't choose USC, there is going to be some grumbling in Columbia.
Dawn needs to come back to the Northeast to sell herself and why kids need to play for her. Is there a Big East program in need of her services in the next year or 2?.....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One benefit to Xylina not coming to UConn is that we won't have to read more posts in which Eric misspells her name.
yeah. if she were coming here i'd probably make the effort to bother getting it right. oh well. heck, some people still refer to Stef as "Steph" even tho she not only verbaled to UCONN, but has been here for more than a year now...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Stef has not verbaled to CT, om my, we're doomed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
yeah. if she were coming here i'd probably make the effort to bother getting it right. oh well. heck, some people still refer to Stef as "Steph" even tho she not only verbaled to UCONN, but has been here for more than a year now...
Just remember: KML, not KLM. The latter is an airline. Kaleena is NOT a widebody.

Reaction Score
Still surprised she didn't chose UConn after her dad went to First Night. There is no other women's program in the country that can match the enthusiasm, fan support and program strength that was on display that night. Oh well, on to the next one...

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Wonder about those long nails, deliberately grown to scratch other players. Would have to cut them in Storrs and learn other tactics. Suppose it's just bad-girl hype...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom