X’s and O’s | The Boneyard

X’s and O’s

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Good grief
Oregon State University Osu GIF by Oregon State Ecampus

Reaction Score
I don't know how we lay an egg in front of a sold-out crowd in our Big East opener. Glad we clawed back but good lord.

How does Hurley not call a timeout AT ALL in the final minute of the game? Especially when Gaffney is aimlessly dribbling around the 3-point line because he doesn't know what to do (he shouldn't have been in the game), and then again when we get the ball back down by 4?

Reaction Score
Providence ran their guards at the rim with Watson screening our shot blocker, probably 4 or 5 times. There was no real adjustment to that I could see. The last bucket from PC was that exact play, took it to a 2 possession game under a min left.

In addition, much of that 17-1 run between first/second half was with Whaley at the 5 on Watson and the other big on PC grabbed about 3/4 offensive rebounds. That run I believe had something like zero stops in 12 straight possessions. With Sanogo back when we meet again in Jan, this allow us to run a different defense scheme.

Reaction Score
I dont understand why the ob 3 point play was designed for Hawkins with a couple of minutes left. I believe he was subbed in for the play so he was coming off of the bench cold.
The play was designed and executed perfectly up to the shot which wasn't even close to going in.

Reaction Score
I dont understand why the ob 3 point play was designed for Hawkins with a couple of minutes left. I believe he was subbed in for the play so he was coming off of the bench cold.
The play was designed and executed perfectly up to the shot which wasn't even close to going in.
I noticed that too, but honestly he was wide open. I'll take that every time. Hawkins will start hitting those, gotta give him that opportunity to grow.

Reaction Score
A lot of people blamed Hawkins for not being ready lol. Polley had 1 three and 7-8 bricks is he ready? Was Gaffney dribbling east west for 15 seconds ready along with his multiple turnovers?

The kid makes one mistake he sits immediately. One or 2 minutes at a time that’s helping him a lot isn’t it dan? Crappy job coaching today! Period
Bingo. Hawkins hit a huge 3 to cut the game to 4 and then Hurley falls in love with the upperclassmen again while the kid sits down the stretch. Shooters need to be allowed to get into a rhythm, sitting him after knocking down a big one was a big head scratcher.

Reaction Score
The problem is we have a lot of guys with skills, but it takes about 7 of our players to have a good starting 5's worth of it.

And everyone who excels at one thing is absolutely horrific in another area that is easily exploited.

Reaction Score
JC brought Albert Mouring into a Big East game late once to take a shot to win when he had been on the bench most of the game. He missed. It happens. For some reason Hawkins seems to lack confidence. It is obvious. Bad decision by Hurley there.

Reaction Score
UConn lost a college basketball game and it’s as if the sky is falling. UConn will be okay, there will be more games. Again, it’s college basketball, not life or death.

Reaction Score
Hurley just isn’t a good enough offensive coach. He needs to get it together. Sometimes I think maybe he’s only subbing players based on defense. He played Polley more than Hawk because he liked Polley’s size on D. Sometimes I’d rather try to be aggressive on offense and give something away on D, especially when we can’t score to save our lives.

Reaction Score
UConn lost a college basketball game and it’s as if the sky is falling. UConn will be okay, there will be more games. Again, it’s college basketball, not life or death.
You’re too sane to be on this board. The very definition of a fan is to be fanatical. This was a golden opportunity to win the Big East opener in Hartford in front of sellout crowd and the team let it slip away, j

Reaction Score
And to quote someone unknown, it’s not life or death, it’s more important.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We missed like 100 open jump shots and layups. We get the guys open. The coaches need to figure out how to get the guys to make them.

Reaction Score
If Hurley is such a better coach than Cooley, then why does he lose so much to him head to head? I mean, it’s not even close. Is it just luck?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom