WVU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And that's the worst part of this whole thing. More administrators looking to latch on the the coattails of ND while they pull everybodies chain and doodle over egos. Let it go guys and stop playing their game.

they can't - that's the whole point, isn't it?

Reaction Score
Have to agree with upstater. RU throwing themselves at the big ten, followed bu wvu promoting themselves for the sec were the biggest indicators that if anyone got the chance, they had to leave.

Reaction Score
They will raise all hell.......and I don't blame them. There is no reason why a program like WVU should be in this position.

If this is true, expect WV legislators and attorneys to pull out all the stops.

Reaction Score
Much respect for the Mountaineer Program. After UConn, this is the program that I want most to have a soft landing into a BCS Superconference for all of the aformentioned reasons. (And, ideally, I would be proud for UConn to be a conference mate in such a superconference with).

Reaction Score
They will raise all hell.......and I don't blame them. There is no reason why a program like WVU should be in this position.

If this is true, expect WV legislators and attorneys to pull out all the stops.

with all due respect to legislators and attorneys, unless they can triple to population of West Virginia there is not much they can do. It's a free market system.

Reaction Score
If true, then worse case scenario for us (if we end up not getting an ACC or B10 invite) is WVU, USF, RU, UConn, UL, Cinci, along with TCU pack together and make a move to the remnants of the B12. You break completely free of the BB schools in the BE, and form a 14-16 team B12 conference with western and eastern divisions for ALL SPORTS. (yup, this is the 4th thread I've posted this scenariop on, and I will continue to).

While not choice 1 or 2 (B1G and ACC), it is not a completely disastrous 3rd choice. It will get you a decent TV contract, and at the very least it keeps UConn football relevant and in the conversation. UConn basketball will always be relevant.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
There is a lot of info, accurate or not, flying around. Texas, Oklahoma and ND hold all the cards right. When they decide to move or not, then the rest will begin.

I sincerely hope WV has that soft and stable landing. They deserve it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There is a lot of info, accurate or not, flying around. Texas, Oklahoma and ND hold all the cards right. When they decide to move or not, then the rest will begin.

I sincerely hope WV has that soft and stable landing. They deserve it.
Even those schools are not invulnerable to screwing things up. They are more in control of their destinies than UConn and Rutgers, but whatever decisions they make in the near future can have bad consequences in the intermediate future if they aren't careful.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
that makes the BE B12 merger look a whole lot better

the remaining 7 BE programs are not bad, my concern was that WVU would bolt

WVU, TCU, Louis, CT, S Fla, Cin & RU is a decent start

bring in KN & K St and we don't even drop off in hoops. Add 3 more and we're looking at 12/20

Baylor, ISU, C Fla, E Car, Memphis are potential candidates (assuming MO becomes SEC's # 14)

I would actually prefer to stay in a revised BE if we can ascertain stability

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
What if Texas is pissed off at OKLA and decide they want in on BE/B12 merger?

Reaction Score
WVU is analagous to us in that there is no rush for the Big4 to include them now. The ACC has us pinned in geographically and now can dance with visions of leprechauns in their head, knowing full well we will be there whenever it is they decide to expand to 16. The SEC (and ACC) can look at WVU in the same light. It sucks, it's unfair, but it is reality - this could be Chinese water torture for years, leaving programs hanging in the wind. Just keep repeating to yourself this is about STUDENTS and ACADEMICS.

Reaction Score
What if Texas is pissed off at OKLA and decide they want in on BE/B12 merger?

At some point EVERYONE (ND, TX, etc.) have to make a decision - join the Big 4, remain independent, or play in a marginal (CUSA) conference. Joining a conference equivalent to the BE/B12 is not solving your problem, it is deferring your problem. Because TX will one day decide they need one of the Big 4, leaving it's then current conference mates scrambling, again.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of ways to interpret this report. What I believe may have happened here is that WVU inquired about ACC and SEC membership and were told at the time being there was not any interest from either conference. FWIW, the same may have been told to Herbst. Nobody submits an application without knowing the result. It does not mean that one year from now the SEC will not accept WVU with open arms. It just means that not enough of the dominoes (read: UT, OK, ND) have fallen warrant extending an unoffical offer to WVU at this time.

Like others, I really hope that WVU lands in a good spot. They truly are a great program. As far as RU is concerned, I hope they end up in the MAC. They'd make for a good natural rival with Temple and UMass.

Reaction Score
with all due respect to legislators and attorneys, unless they can triple to population of West Virginia there is not much they can do. It's a free market system.

This feels like a free market process to you?

Here are some of the names that might be left out in the cold when this is all said and done:

The state university of West Virginia
The state university of New Jersey
The state university of Connecticut
The state university of Missouri
The state university of Kansas
The University of Louisville
Texas Tech University
The University of Cincinatti
Baylor University
Iowa State University
The University of South Florida
Texas Christian University
and just maybe BYU, Boise and some of those guys are tired of the bull that is the BCS

All out in the cold? No. But some substantial portion of them will be and I can guarantee you they will not go quietly. Not saying they ever get close to winning the fight, just that there will be one.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I feel bad for WVU but one possible negative for us on this (assuming the ACC drags their feet due to ND) is if UT decides they want to remain with the little members of the B-12 and lures WVU, Louisville and Cincy to fill out its conference.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I feel bad for WVU but one possible negative for us on this (assuming the ACC drags their feet due to ND) is if UT decides they want to remain with the little members of the B-12 and lures WVU, Louisville and Cincy to fill out its conference.
Or TCU.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Like others, I really hope that WVU lands in a good spot. They truly are a great program. As far as RU is concerned, I hope they end up in the MAC. They'd make for a good natural rival with Temple and UMass.

+1000000

Reaction Score
This feels like a free market process to you?

Here are some of the names that might be left out in the cold when this is all said and done:

The state university of West Virginia
The state university of New Jersey
The state university of Connecticut
The state university of Missouri
The state university of Kansas
The University of Louisville
Texas Tech University
The University of Cincinatti
Baylor University
Iowa State University
The University of South Florida
Texas Christian University
and just maybe BYU, Boise and some of those guys are tired of the bull darn that is the BCS

All out in the cold? No. But some substantial portion of them will be and I can guarantee you they will not go quietly. Not saying they ever get close to winning the fight, just that there will be one.

That would make for a great conference!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom