WVU | The Boneyard

WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
McMurphy at CBS just tweeted that multiple Big East sources were told by WVU that they have been rejected by both the SEC and the ACC. If true sucks for them but at least it's one less team UConn is in competition with for a ACC spot.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
McMurphy at CBS just tweeted that multiple Big East sources were told by WVU that they have been rejected by both the SEC and the ACC. If true sucks for them but at least it's one less team UConn is in competition with for a ACC spot.
Doh!

I mean it's good for UConn for two reasons... it means they are out of the running for the ACC... and that if we don't end up in the ACC, whatever conference we do end up in will almost definitely have West Virginia in it.

Reaction Score
Whoa! To quote Gus Johnson, "HEART....BREAK....CITY!" Feel badddd for them.

Reaction Score
If true, it sucks for them. Their teams deserve a good landing place. Unfortunately, I've got to be concerned with the Huskies only at this point.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
The reasons:

ACC: academics.
SEC: lack of TV sets.

Cold-blooded and very sad if true. WVU is a heck of a program.

(btw, if anyone knows how to delete a thread, lemme know please)...

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The reasons:

ACC: academics.
SEC: lack of TV sets.

Cold-blooded and very sad if true. WVU is a heck of a program.

(btw, if anyone knows how to delete a thread, lemme know please)...

I agree, but I also think it might very well mean that Missouri has said yes to the SEC.

Reaction Score
Actually that is a reasonably good outcome for the "new" Big 12, whoever is in it. With Missouri and West Virginia, you could potentially have two credible teams to serve as lead dogs. Put WVU in one division, Missouri in the other and it isn't terrible.

Reaction Score
I can't tell you how much I hope this works out for the 'Neers and their fans. From their wecoming of us, to the trip to Morgantown after jazz's death, to chanting "ACC, ACC" as BC lost to a mid-major in the first round of the tourney one year, they deserve much better.

Reaction Score

How about a little empathy? WVU has been a good partner, no school outside of BCU deserves this horseshit.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The negative is that there are now 5 Big East teams pushing for a quick resolution to the conference situation.

Reaction Score
Anyone who has been touting Oliver Luck on this board needs to come back immediately and realize that this fellow has been an absolute DISASTER for his school. First he gave the fans Holgerson/Stewart, then he couldn't keep his big mouth shut and got the fires roaring about potential conference movement etc., and he finally ended up spooking Pitt and Cuse so badly that they took the first lifeline thrown to them.

This is why you don't want a cowboy as your AD. Who screwed up the league? West Virginia.

Reaction Score
I agree, but I also think it might very well mean that Missouri has said yes to the SEC.

If true, probably contingent on Texas and OKL leaving for the PAC.

Reaction Score
If true, they deserve better. WVU 's been the overall best football school in the BE since the first ACC raid, and done their part in saving face for the BE with 2 BCS bowl wins. Not to mention their support for our 1-A development. I feel bad for them and their fans. But if it helps our cause so be it. It's sink or swim for all of us now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That stinks. But I can't imagine the accuracy of this report. I'm surprised they were given an outright answer while so much is in play. They may have done it to allow WVU an opportunity to be involved with any BE, B12 merger. But since when do conferences show their hands or take the high road on these matters. The good news is, if true, and UConn doesn't land in any other conference, there is a decent B12 BE merger they could end up in. Still I like WV program and hate this turn of events. Hoping it is inaccurate.

Reaction Score
I saw a tweet, I'm unsure of how credible it is, but it said they were rejected in part because they moved for immediate admission and the conferences weren't going to grant that with the big free agents (UT & ND) still in play.

Reaction Score
Terrible news for them if true, they would be solid additions in both football and basketball to any conference. Here's to hoping they get motivated and go out and crush LSU on Saturday night to stick it in everyone's face.

Only thing I'd say is if the story that they pushed for immediate admission is true, let's hope UConn doesn't overplay themselves too much here and do the same. We have to be cognizant of the landscape and not be trying to shove ourselves down the throats of wherever we're looking.

edit again, now I'm seeing some reports that the SEC did not outright say no, but instead said not right now. Who knows.

Reaction Score
This turns up the heat on the ACC to do their best to keep FSU and Va Tech away from the SEC. Again the world waits for Texas, OK and the PAC to make a decision. If nothing happens then A&M doesn't move, Missouri is off the board, and there are no ACC moves to the SEC. Then the BE is left to invite UCF and Houston and we will revisit all this in another year or two.

If there is no break-up of the B-12 then all that happened was the ACC added 2 mid-level teams from mid-level and shrinking markets, and the BE replaced them with 2 mid-level teams from larger and growing markets.

Reaction Score
Skeptical of this report. Who in their right mind at WVU would leak this information out if it were true?

Reaction Score
That stinks. But I can't imagine the accuracy of this report. I'm surprised they were given an outright answer while so much is in play. They may have done it to allow WVU an opportunity to be involved with any BE, B12 merger. But since when do conferences show their hands or take the high road on these matters. The good news is, if true, and UConn doesn't land in any other conference, there is a decent B12 BE merger they could end up in. Still I like WV program and hate this turn of events. Hoping it is inaccurate.

if the acc did indeed give them a "quick no", then you have to be certain that they (the acc) has their Plan C locked down. Probably good for UConn.

Reaction Score
This turns up the heat on the ACC to do their best to keep FSU and Va Tech away from the SEC. Again the world waits for Texas, OK and the PAC to make a decision. If nothing happens then A&M doesn't move, Missouri is off the board, and there are no ACC moves to the SEC. Then the BE is left to invite UCF and Houston and we will revisit all this in another year or two.

If there is no break-up of the B-12 then all that happened was the ACC added 2 mid-level teams from mid-level and shrinking markets, and the BE replaced them with 2 mid-level teams from larger and growing markets.

That (the Big XII staying intact) is probably the only scenario in which the Big East stays intact. Two of ECU, Memphis, UCF, Houston, UMass and Temple are brought in to buy everyone time until the Big Bang comes. As long as TCU still comes in, we are probably o.k. with the BCS auto bid (it's not like either Pitt or Syracuse has been representing the conference in BCS games). But we're a less valuable TV property by a good amount.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Skeptical of this report. Who in their right mind at WVU would leak this information out if it were true?

I believe it was "multiple Big East sources", although it's not like that is more credible

Reaction Score
I saw a tweet, I'm unsure of how credible it is, but it said they were rejected in part because they moved for immediate admission and the conferences weren't going to grant that with the big free agents (UT & ND) still in play.

And that's the worst part of this whole thing. More administrators looking to latch on the the coattails of ND while they pull everybodies chain and doodle over egos. Let it go guys and stop playing their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom