WV ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

WV ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Disheartened.
  2. Hawkins made a great defensive play early to draw the charge, but he got beat too many times for the rest of the game, and his offense was completely MIA.
  3. Half way through the first half, all our points were from Zay and Ajax. Everyone else 0 for 9. Gaffney broke that pattern right after the time out though.
  4. Hawkins couldn't hit the rim, much less make a shot.
  5. Refs seem "reluctant" to let us play defense in the paint.
  6. No question that was goaltending just before the half. I hate having to complain about the refs, but these guys chew.
  7. Ajax made our only first half three. We're 1 of 12 from 3 at the half. Amazing we're only 3 down. One down, really, if it wasn't for the blatantly bad call on the goaltend.
  8. Cole got first 10 points of the 2nd half for UConn, then never scored again.
  9. If we were able to complete a downcourt pass, we might have run away with it mid-2nd half.
  10. Jackson was out of control for much of the game, and didn't seem to want to shoot. Cost us a shot clock with about 2 and a half to go.
  11. What the heck was the deal on that possession in the last minute where we got like 6 opportunities and came up empty.
  12. No Sanogo or Martin. Probably wouldn't have mattered, because except for Zay and Cole, we really stunk the joint up tonight.
  13. I think I'll blame the overload of improperly constructed Haiku today for this loss. It was bound to happen sooner or later. The Mojo's against us now boys, and it's all because of defective haiku.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One I thing I will say, and I know it will improve with time, is Hawkins confidence, attitude, and body language. He looks scared and a bit soft at times. He definitely needs a confidence boost and find some of that dog in him.

Bouk had these moments too his freshmen season, but he always had that Brooklyn swagger in him. Hawk needs to find his swagger. Stay aggressive and keep attacking.

Reaction Score
One I thing I will say, and I know it will improve with time, is Hawkins confidence, attitude, and body language. He looks scared and a bit soft at times. He definitely needs a confidence boost and find some of that dog in him.

Bouk had these moments too his freshmen season, but he always had that Brooklyn swagger in him. Hawk needs to find his swagger. Stay aggressive and keep attacking.

That is a first road game as a freshman in Morgantown West Virginia kinda look. from Hawkins.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
As an XL season ticket holder I’m pumped with the schedule!

Funny, I said that last year too. Then he killed it.

Bouk had these moments as a sophmore and is having these moments as a rookie in the nba as well…a lot of tough calls against our guys tonight, made me reminisce on the bahamas…more like nightmares

Reaction Score

He can’t dribble. But I think he can shoot.

Reaction Score
Followed up a step forward with the previous game with a step back tonight, that’s disappointing.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Allow me to add a few thoughtz:
  1. We missed a ton of open shots tonight, some of them wide open. Polley notably, but also Cole, Hawkins, inside put backs, other layups, etc.
  2. WVU is a typical Huggins WVU team. Very strong upper bodies, not overly skilled but skilled enough, play intense defense, and usually 1 or 2 guys that are very hard to guard. That's how they won tonight.
  3. In Miracle Herb Brooks has Jim Craig work on his hands with a tennis ball coming from behind him off a wall. We have more than a few guys who need better hands. Jackson and Hawkins most notably.
  4. An an entire practice dedicated to boxing out, especially on free throws, would not be wasted time.
  5. Another entire practice dedicated to dribbling against pressure in order to attack it would also not be wasted time. And I mean by everyone, not just Cole and Gaffney. Beating people off the dribble breaks down defenses.

Reaction Score
Bouk had these moments as a sophmore and is having these moments as a rookie in the nba as well…a lot of tough calls against our guys tonight, made me reminisce on the bahamas…more like nightmares
Huh? What is this post? Why are you using my post about Luka Doncic here? Has nothing to do with what you talked about.

Reaction Score
Akok not boxing out on that free throw with about 17 secs left is just awful.

And on the Sherman FT at about the 4 min mark, Hawkins and Gaffney both pushed in down low. One of them had to box out the shooter. One of them needed to call "Shooter" I'm thinking it should've been Gaffney as the upperclassman. Sherman got the rebound, and it lead to a bucket on the extra possession.

Two, small, detail plays that make a big difference in a game this close. Then again, there were so many plays like that in this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom