WTIC 1080 Broadcasting Oklahoma/FIU Game this Saturday... | The Boneyard

WTIC 1080 Broadcasting Oklahoma/FIU Game this Saturday...

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
and promoting it like it's the game of the year only to be heard on some version of "Hartford's 50,000 watt sports leader" commercial bumper.
"Big 12 Champion..." was also mentioned to carry some weight to the nobody in the state who will tune in to listen to it.

It immediately made me sad for Joe D. who has to work there with UConn's season starting this week.

Ugh...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
and promoting it like it's the game of the year only to be heard on some version of "Hartford's 50,000 watt sports leader" commercial bumper.
"Big 12 Champion..." was also mentioned to carry some weight to the nobody in the state who will tune in to listen to it.

It immediately made me sad for Joe D. who has to work there with UConn's season starting this week.

Ugh...

Well, now I am delighted the 50k watt leader doesn't reach FF County.

Reaction Score
Is the "media" in Connecticut touting our game Thursday night? Are there TV ads, radio, etc?

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Oops. Should be "FAU" in the title.

But it doesn't matter at all...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
why is this a big deal exactly?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That's actually gonna be an awesome game. I'll definitely be watching.

Reaction Score
That's actually gonna be an awesome game. I'll definitely be watching.
Or, OU-FAU could actually be a blowout. Who knows, but there's NFW I'm interested enough to watch. And, it's far more challenging to conceive of anyone listening to WTIC's radio broadcast. Competing 12 noon TV games I probably won't watch due to minimal interest and general disdain for MD and Ohio State: Texas/MD and OR St/Ohio St.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Or, OU-FAU could actually be a blowout. Who knows, but there's NFW I'm interested enough to watch. And, it's far more challenging to conceive of anyone listening to WTIC's radio broadcast. Competing 12 noon TV games I probably won't watch due to minimal interest and general disdain for MD and Ohio State: Texas/MD and OR St/Ohio St.

Other people like college football and like to watch it. They even like to watch schools they don't like because it's fun to watch when they lose.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I root for UConn, but Im not up to date on where we are.

Can we keep it within 40 points of UCF on Thursday?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If we take our foot off the gas in the fourth quarter.

Really?

Thats awesome. We are favored over UCF?

What time does game start ? I land at Bradley at 6. Someone give me a ticket** and I will show up on my way home.

(**Box only offers please)

Reaction Score
As I have to work on Saturday, I will be listening to this game. Loved Oklahoma growing up (because some of my relatives were Husker fans-Aunt was a Husker alum & I was the contrarian in the family)
The "Conspiracy Kitty" in my brain offers up this:
-WTIC showing the Big XII that Connecticut is worthy of admission by broadcasting this contest (& hopefully others in the future) & attaining decent ratings
-Trying to achieve better ratings than UConn's IMG broadcast & proving to UConn that it made a mistake by not re-upping with 1080.
-Bizarro world master plan to get UCONN into a P-5 conference

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
TIC must be getting the game for free. That's the way they roll now.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma up 28-zip after 1 quarter. Game quickly became a yawner. Announcer mentioned that FAU gets $ 2 million for its appearance.

Reaction Score
Now the announcer says that Lane Kiffen is treating this game as a preseason contest. Has he been listening to Bob Diaco?:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom