wtf Pitt? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

wtf Pitt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need some regulations for the whole court storming thing. I'm all for kids having fun, but when you're a two point underdog, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of what a court storming is supposed to be: A crazy, in the moment thing, where your emotions take over your mind. Indiana beating Kentucky on a last second three for example, was worthy.

Reaction Score
C'mon guys, you can't blame Depaul for storming the court. They have a total of 3 BE wins the past 2 years and those were against a combination of PC and USF I believe.

Reaction Score
C'mon guys, you can't blame Depaul for storming the court. They have a total of 3 BE wins the past 2 years and those were against a combination of PC and USF I believe.

Yeah, but still. They were two point underdogs. I'm not trying to play the grumpy old man here, but you see a court storming pretty much every night now. It has gotten quite old.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but still. They were two point underdogs. I'm not trying to play the grumpy old man here, but you see a court storming pretty much every night now. It has gotten quite old.
"Act like you've been there before", but they haven't. I like the court storming.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

They've won 2 big east games in the last 3 years. TWO. As far as I'm concerned, they can storm the court against Providence if they win.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Pitt might not make the NCAA tournament if they don't get things together .

Its a thing of beauty. 0-3.

The next 6 games include @Marquette, @Syracuse, Louisville, and Georgetown.

2-7 at the break.

@WVU, @Seton Hall, @Louisvlle, and @UConn on the backend.

Reaction Score

Exactly. What if they don't win another game this season? They would have missed their chance.

Reaction Score

You may not be trying to, but you're doing it well. It's freaking DePaul, how often do their fans get to have ANY fun?

Don't hold them to our standards.

Reaction Score
To be down by 4 with 17 secs and win the game is court storming worthy, irrespective of the opponent. Those students were emotionally on cloud 9 and needed to celebrate. Pent up frustrations released, and Pitt is/was one of the top teams in the BE.

Yeah we have NCs but please have some compassion and respect for less better teams. Its college basketball (the best sport to me) not just UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
Begs the question, after what's happened to BC and maybe Pitt, do we really want the ACC?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cleveland Melvin can play ball. We recruited Roscoe Smith over him, right?

Reaction Score
I think we recruited Roscoe after we lost Melvin to Depaul, but my memory could be off. I'm pretty sure that when we lost him to Depaul, we had a scholarship for him if he wanted it.

Reaction Score

Yes and no. Melvin's reason for decommitting was that he wanted to play the 3 in college and we wanted him to play the 4. But I'm sure he figued that Roscoe's committment would mean less playing time for him. What's ironic is that Melvin now pretty much plays the 4 exclusively for DePaul.

Also worth pointing out is that Melvin was an unranked and very much under the radar recruit and nobody was impressed when he committed to us.

Reaction Score
Yes and no. Melvin's reason for decommitting was that he wanted to play the 3 in college and we wanted him to play the 4. But I'm sure he figued that Roscoe's committment would mean less playing time for him. What's ironic is that Melvin now pretty much plays the 4 exclusively for DePaul.

Also worth pointing out is that Melvin was an unranked and very much under the radar recruit and nobody was impressed when he committed to us.
Add to that, Roscoe getting more time at the 4 last post season and throughout this season. They're both more face up 4s than true wings. In fact, I think Roscoe would do more damage if he worked on taking the ball to the basket more often. He needs to improve his handle. Melvin reminds me a lot of Hakeem Warrick. Neither had a great outside shot, but were very tough midrange on in and caused fits with their length. Roscoe would seem to be built for the same things. I realize he was a very good 3 pt shooter in HS and should be better than he's shown at the college level, but at some point you have to decide if you want to broaden your game. I don't know what Smith did over the summer, but if it wasn't working on his handle and ability to score off the bounce, he should have.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It was an BE send off to the guys who sabotaged the BE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom