WTF Manuel- Pasqualoni has single-handedly made the michigan game a nonevent | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WTF Manuel- Pasqualoni has single-handedly made the michigan game a nonevent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn announces tickets distributed for basketball as well. Almost everyone in every sport from professional to college does.

Also, it's definitely not true that everyone reports ticket sales and not actual attendance. Definitely not true.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You sure about that? Because if you look at XL Center attendance reports over the years for early season cupcake games, attendance is at 8k or so, which is below the season tix #s.

I am sure they report tickets distributed. I'm sure there are exceptions somewhere. The American League and National League used to do it differently. I believe it was the AL who used tickets sold, the NL announced a turnstile count. Some time ago they moved to tickets sold.

I am unaware of any league or team that announces actual attendance. Just look at the numbers. Unless you believe there is never a no show at a sold out game they are clearly announcing a distributed number. I've thrown tickets away unused at Rentschler for games they announced 40,000 (for a stadium with 38,500 seats of course).

The XL season ticket base has fallen that low. They clearly announce a distributed number and the exhibitions are the easiest example. I've been the last two years to the exhibition game at XL and there weren't even close to those 8-9k crowds they announce.

Reaction Score
I am sure they report tickets distributed. I'm sure there are exceptions somewhere. The American League and National League used to do it differently. I believe it was the AL who used tickets sold, the NL announced a turnstile count. Some time ago they moved to tickets sold.

I am unaware of any league or team that announces actual attendance. Just look at the numbers. Unless you believe there is never a no show at a sold out game they are clearly announcing a distributed number. I've thrown tickets away unused at Rentschler for games they announced 40,000 (for a stadium with 38,500 seats of course).

The XL season ticket base has fallen that low. They clearly announce a distributed number and the exhibitions are the easiest example. I've been the last two years to the exhibition game at XL and there weren't even close to those 8-9k crowds they announce.

Memphis is an example of a school that does it another way:

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=611058&page=7

Also, over the years, I know for a fact that PSU reported attendance and not sales. Tickets were always spoken for, none available because all were season tickets, but they'd report attendance of 95k against say Akron.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Also, over the years, I know for a fact that PSU reported attendance and not sales. Tickets were always spoken for, none available because all were season tickets, but they'd report attendance of 95k against say Akron.

In the past a lot of leagues and schools reported true attendance. I don't think many are left.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I don't think you understand that Memphis article. They are publishing distributed numbers like I'm telling you, and then measuring the actual by weighing tickets.

That is how 16k gets announced with 3k in the building. Same as UConn announcing 30k when they scan 20k.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Its right in your link:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378575040.542263.jpg

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's the reality pal. Rant all you want about anything you want. People are just not into UCONN football. The evidence is in the numbers that cannot be denied. Change the coach, win more games, stand on your head, it won't change the fact that the market won't support it. Alumni have all disappeared and DON'T come back for games in droves. It is what it is. Basketball now has more empty seats than ever.

I bleed blue every week and get there on time and support every game till the end. I support the kids and never boo, even at the coaches.

The demographic is what it is. The support may come back to that of 7 or 8 years ago. I am not optimistic for that. PP did not start this trend, nor did it have anything to do with winning or losing. Just a business reality of this market. Sorry to always be a jacka$$ about the size of the stadium. I understand that it's 40,000. 25K or 40 K it's still small and we can't fill it.

graph2_zps93f5ff58.jpg

if the team is winning, they will be supported, that's reality.

as for your chart, I'm pretty sure most of the country took a hit when the economy with south. Furthermore, your chart proves what bad coaching does to ticket sales.

But don't you ever let a little thinking get in the way of your hate.

Reaction Score
I don't think you understand that Memphis article. They are publishing distributed numbers like I'm telling you, and then measuring the actual by weighing tickets.

That is how 16k gets announced with 3k in the building. Same as UConn announcing 30k when they scan 20k.

Yeah, I'm not understanding it because why would they weigh the tix again?

Reaction Score
if the team is winning, they will be supported, that's reality.

as for your chart, I'm pretty sure most of the country took a hit when the economy with south. Furthermore, your chart proves what bad coaching does to ticket sales.

But don't you ever let a little thinking get in the way of your hate.
So that means we had bad coaching every year since 2005.

If we are winning we may break 28,000 season's tickets. We don't have the drivers to create a fan base. A thriving regional economy and alumni that flock back to games every year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not understanding it because why would they weigh the tix again?

The premise seems to be to get momentum for upgrades they want to know the actual attendance. Since Memphis is living in the past they weigh the tickets to get the actual headcount.

Reaction Score

If we are winning we may break 28,000 season's tickets. We don't have the drivers to create a fan base. A thriving regional economy and alumni that flock back to games every year.

Every program in the country experienced lower ticket sales after 2007.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile Iowa had its lowest attendance in a decade.

Only 64,000

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Nope, doesn't mean that at all. It's not the argument i made, and it's not what the graphs suggest.

I've seen your type of argument be proven wrong time and time again, all over the country, in many different sports

and for the record, I would purchase 4 seats myself, so I'm speaking from 1st hand experience

Reaction Score
Nope, doesn't mean that at all. It's not the argument i made, and it's not what the graphs suggest.

I've seen your type of argument be proven wrong time and time again, all over the country, in many different sports

and for the record, I would purchase 4 seats myself, so I'm speaking from 1st hand experience
If we were 8-4 the last two years how many more season's tickets would have been sold? 5,000? And that gets us into the Big1G. Not likely.

I have purchased tickets to EVERY game. That won't change. Unless the place is rocking every week don't look for an invite.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Just out of curiosity, I would love to see this graph overlaid with the average cost of the tickets.

I know that would be a difficult task, because one would have to figure out all of the three-game packages, etc. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that UConn has increase pricing over this drop in attendance, rather than keeping it constant or lowering it. There has to be other factors in this besides success, since we don't see a boost to the number after the Fiesta Bowl and we don't see a boost in average attendance after we shared the BE title in 2007 in average attendance (although to be fair, the season tickets did go up). I'm guessing price / economy is perhaps the biggest contributor, and if so, the UConn administration had better wake up to the need to adjust the friggin' prices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom