WTF Manuel- Pasqualoni has single-handedly made the michigan game a nonevent | The Boneyard

WTF Manuel- Pasqualoni has single-handedly made the michigan game a nonevent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is beyond crazy. UConn can't even sell out Michigan. This a travesty. A joke. Incompetence of the highest order.

From what should have been a seminal moment in UConn football to gasoline being poured on the perception of UConn at its most critical juncture since the BE call-up decision.

I can't believe that a single individual had the capability of sucking the lifeblood out of UConn football, and that the person in charge sat back and let it happen. And rewarded such incompetence by authorizing a $270k make-work position. The friends and family plan comes to UConn. Yea.

I guess the ct troika of mchugh-pasqualoni-deleone kind of makes you wonder if big time football is in UConn's future.

We were in Glendale three years ago. Now we have this.

And this dumpster fire was predicted two years ago.

Where the heck is the accountability?

Oh, that's right. We're shrill, hyperbolic fans.

Last one out, hit the lights.

Reaction Score
But Edsall left the cupboard empty!

No one from UConn has gone to the NFL since Edsall left!

Totally not anyone's fault! Can't blame the AD or the coach!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The Rutgers guy is onto something. It takes at least 12 years to implement George DeLeone's zone blocking scheme. By 2022, we're going to run football down Tulane's troats.

Reaction Score
This is beyond crazy. UConn can't even sell out Michigan. This a travesty. A joke. Incompetence of the highest order.

From what should have been a seminal moment in UConn football to gasoline being poured on the perception of UConn at its most critical juncture since the BE call-up decision.

I can't believe that a single individual had the capability of sucking the lifeblood out of UConn football, and that the person in charge sat back and let it happen. And rewarded such incompetence by authorizing a $270k make-work position. The friends and family plan comes to UConn. Yea.

I guess the ct troika of mchugh-pasqualoni-deleone kind of makes you wonder if big time football is in UConn's future.

We were in Glendale three years ago. Now we have this.

And this dumpster fire was predicted two years ago.

Where the heck is the accountability?

Oh, that's right. We're shrill, hyperbolic fans.

Last one out, hit the lights.

You've touched on something I've been wondering - will the inscription on "Big Time" UConn Football's grave maker say September 21, 2013?

Reaction Score
I can't even begin to let myself think about the Michigan game after last week. If you had told me in 2008, when we were getting crushed by West Virginia in November in front of a capacity crowd that was going nuts in the stands, told me that 5 years later we would be where we are now....well it's a cliché.

We are here. I remember so vividly that game in 2008, so close at half time, and then getting completely blown out in the second half. I remember it a lot more clearly than the uninspired blur of a game that happened last Thursday. I remember thinking that if we could just get a little bit more out of Randy Edsall and his program - we would be in the top 25, and I hoped for it. I remember that we went on the road to Carrier Dome after that game in 2008, I was there in Syracuse, and played in front of crowd that was very, very similar to what we had in the stadium Thursday. But we got what we got from Randy's program, and he left, and we are here now.

It's week to week. I mean this truly - I am week to week on this now. If we lose next week, the only thing I will care about next Sunday morning is who the next coach is, and why Warde Manuel hasn't made an announcent about it, if it's not all over the sunday paper already. If we win next week, then I will allow myself to think about that means for the future.

Reaction Score
Maybe there's a way to make lemonade out of lemons? Adversity forces change, so maybe game day experience might be improved? That listening tour dimauro was saying.

Renegotiate the concession contract. Same boring hot dogs and beer. Sell new things. A whole new market opening up. Paper bags $10 a pop, a vlad costume for Pasqualoni, maybe a eunuch one for manuel. You have Halloween coming up. Think seasonal like Target. Some special kool aid for the die-hard fans. Big margins there.

Even new sponsorships can be created. Let those guys taking applications for a 1 way ticket to mars open up a booth.

Fireworks are so blase-charge early admission and show a movie on the new video board every week. Mix it up- maybe something like Titanic one week followed by The Perfect Storm the next.

Send DeLeone to the upper deck and let him make it rain while twirling his shirt above his naked torso at the start of the fourth. Fans will go nuts.

Ideas are endless.

Reaction Score
Never mind any of that happy horsesh**te.

Let's just win the game at home. Since September 2011, to now through Sept 2013, we've lost 8 of 15 home games. We've lost 4 home games since in the past calendar year Sept 2012-Sept 2013.

We lost four home games TOTAL in the four seasons from 2007-2010.

Losing at home will not be tolerated.

Reaction Score
If this game doesn't sell out, it will be sending a very bad message to the Big Ten. (and the ACC)

Reaction Score
I think it will sell out. Way too many casual fans and Michigan fans who are interested. My brother would have gone if it wasn't for a wedding. Have a cousin who is interested.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Would this be Pasqualoni's first sellout? I know we didn't have one last year. I can't recall if the Fruit Flies, RU or UL games sold out.

Reaction Score
If this game doesn't sell out, it will be sending a very bad message to the Big Ten. (and the ACC)
We already sent that message. We can't fill our 25,000 seat stadium. I would not make any difference no matter what the record or the coach. Interest in UCONN sports peaked awhile back. I know guys who have gone to Penn State Iowa for 30 years. Won't happen here. Look in the stands at our games. It's not an event to come back to. Alumni have abandoned the state and just don't come back. If you can't get the alum back, finding soccer moms to get interested is tough sledding.

I have been to every single home game and it's tough to say. I am as big a fan as any. The attendance problem is tough. I watched it fritter away year after year, even when we made it to the Fiesta Bowl.

Reaction Score
We already sent that message. We can't fill our 25,000 seat stadium. I would not make any difference no matter what the record or the coach. Interest in UCONN sports peaked awhile back. I know guys who have gone to Penn State Iowa for 30 years. Look in the stands at our games. It's not an event to come back to.

Why do you keep foolishly referring to our "25,000 seat stadium"?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You weren't part of the 4k of us there?
Indeed I was. And, as much as I enjoyed our post game drinks at the Saddle Ranch it would have been a lot more fun after a victory.

Reaction Score
Other teams get invites because they have fans that show up no matter what the circumstance of the team We have fans that don't show up; when they do, never on time; and leave early to beat the traffic. Unless that changes Ohio State ain't coming here.

Reaction Score
Would this be Pasqualoni's first sellout? I know we didn't have one last year. I can't recall if the Fruit Flies, RU or UL games sold out.

Hope it is a sellout.

More people to boo Coach P and join in on the Fire P chants !!!!!

Reaction Score
Lose and fan interest wanes. Win and it grows. Win with exciting play, and watch it soar. Hi, Oregon. This is a simple formula.

Some years you might lose more than you win but the optimist in us sees the bright side.

It isn't just that we are losing, but the manner and the length. This is year 3. Biggest baddest schedule ever. The debutante year. And we're stuck wondering not if Pasqualoni has damaged the program, but to what degree? It's the manner in which we're losing. Painful. Scoring points is like pulling teeth and has been with the offensive coaching. Grind them out, move the chains and win? Great. Not sexy, but tolerable.

But UConn isn't grinding, it isn't moving the chains. We aren't even doing that. We're stuck floundering in deep water, asking and praying for a little floatie but we're tossed iron weights instead. The most pathetic offense in BCS for two years? Reward the guy who designed it with a promotion? The deeper we sink, the harder it is to maintain that optimism. Ergo Michigan.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Other teams get invites because they have fans that show up no matter what the circumstance of the team We have fans that don't show up; when they do, never on time; and leave early to beat the traffic. Unless that changes Ohio State ain't coming here.

Like Pitt, Cuse, L'Ville (with 8,000 empty seats and ACC admission / BCS bowl on the line), Colorado, BC and Miami?

Reaction Score
We already sent that message. We can't fill our 25,000 seat stadium. I would not make any difference no matter what the record or the coach. Interest in UCONN sports peaked awhile back. I know guys who have gone to Penn State Iowa for 30 years. Won't happen here. Look in the stands at our games. It's not an event to come back to. Alumni have abandoned the state and just don't come back. If you can't get the alum back, finding soccer moms to get interested is tough sledding.

I have been to every single home game and it's tough to say. I am as big a fan as any. The attendance problem is tough. I watched it fritter away year after year, even when we made it to the Fiesta Bowl.

Go fricken take an adult education course at BCU and get the h#ll off this board.

If you show up to every game, as you say, why are you so negative posting on the BY?

Yes times are tough right now, but 2 or 3 years is not an eternity, its the blink of an eye. Yes Uconn has gone 5-7, 5-7 and this year looks bad, but another D1 team went 3-9, 5-7, and 7-6 from 2008 - 2010. Who was that ................ Michigan.

So calm down, yes PP was a mistake, but its tough to do something RIGHT NOW, lets see this thing play out.

Another example is UVA. They were very good, down in the DUMPS for years, and now might be pretty good.

The key thing is HS kids now see that UConn is their State school and although we may be bad now to keep kids like Boyle and Newsome instate is a good step. Name a great coach in Dec and that's the next step.

UConn has little control over the randonness of CR, but its due, and the fact that UConn defines a large percentage of the NE should save us. The naysayeers will state that the NE doesn't give a rats @ss about college football but the visionists (think Mr Apple) will realize once there is decent college football rivalries in the NE, think PSU, RU, UConn and even SU, the publicity and viewership in the NE corridor will COMMAND attention. And I hope that narrow minded Catholic school north of us goes bankrupt because they could be a significant part in the party and instead vote for separatism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom