WTF loss of the season... | The Boneyard

WTF loss of the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hasn't happened. The scary part about this 9-6 start and the tradition of having a WTF loss of the season scares the hell out of me. Our worst loss as of now is probably Yale or last night. However, Yale is an RPI top 100 team and a team that has a serious shot to win the Ivy. As for Tulsa, their ESPN RPI is now up to 29. Not saying either team is a title contender so it's okay but they are both far and away better than Houston from last year.

UCF, USF, Houston, ECU loom........maybe for one year we don't have a WTF loss?! I hope so because we simply can't afford one this year. A loss to one of them with in my eyes would push us to the back of the bubble, if not out.

Reaction Score
I think our WTF loss came early this season when we played Yale.

Reaction Score
Well then, WTF was Yale? Last night, as ugly as it was (free throws and turnovers) was not nearly as bad as Yale. Last night was a hostile crowd in a gym we've never played in before with Refs who were so damn whistle happy that I wanted to jump through the TV and shove each whistle up each of their gawd damn @sses. Face it, we have an enormous target on us. It's so annoying every time some idiot announcer calls us the defending national champions. Like Geno told his team, no one is defending anything. No one is going to come take last year's trophy out of the trophy case. It's a new year with a new team......and Shabazz is not going to walk through the gym door before the next game.

With all that said, we haven't lost to Yale in forever. The Yale loss wasn't just the WTF loss of the year. It was the WTF loss of the Calhoun and Ali era.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well then, WTF was Yale?
A loss to an RPI top 100 team with our best player playing with a high ankle sprain. If Yale wins the Ivy how would that be worst than a loss to ECU, Houston, USF, or UCF?

Reaction Score
Hasn't happened. The scary part about this 9-6 start and the tradition of having a WTF loss of the season scares the hell out of me. Our worst loss as of now is probably Yale or last night. However, Yale is an RPI top 100 team and a team that has a serious shot to win the Ivy. As for Tulsa, their ESPN RPI is now up to 29. Not saying either team is a title contender so it's okay but they are both far and away better than Houston from last year.

UCF, USF, Houston, ECU loom...maybe for one year we don't have a WTF loss?! I hope so because we simply can't afford one this year. A loss to one of them with in my eyes would push us to the back of the bubble, if not out.

We're not on the bubble...the bubble has already burst for us...

The only way we get in, given the RPI's of the remaining teams we play is to win the conference tournament... and right now, that certainly is not a high percentage proposition...

Reaction Score
we had WTF losses last year and we are still the CHAMPS!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UConn76 said:
We're not on the bubble...the bubble has already burst for us... The only way we get in, given the RPI's of the remaining teams we play is to win the conference tournament... and right now, that certainly is not a high percentage proposition...

This is so so so inaccurate.

Reaction Score
We're not on the bubble...the bubble has already burst for us...

The only way we get in, given the RPI's of the remaining teams we play is to win the conference tournament... and right now, that certainly is not a high percentage proposition...
Lunardi had us as an at-large bid before last nights loss. A win at Stanford Saturday would give us an at-large bid if the tourny field was being picked this Sunday.

Reaction Score
Lunardi had us as an at-large bid before last nights loss. A win at Stanford Saturday would give us an at-large bid if the tourny field was being picked this Sunday.

certainly hope Joe is right in this case...need to get on a roll...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom