WTF happened with CC on Thursday ??? | The Boneyard

WTF happened with CC on Thursday ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
someone mentioned that "the wheels fell off for Christen" on Thursday this week.

does anyone have any idea what happened ?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He stunk in practice Thur and carried it forward to Sat.

Reaction Score
And Coach P left him in the game for all 4 FG attempts.. 1 was blocked... but he missed 3... The worst one of all was the chip shot in OT...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can only knock trying from 45. Not much else you can do.

Reaction Score
You cannot bring in another kicker in the middle of the game like that. That being said, for Cuse......different story. I'd give the Goodrich kid a serious look.

Reaction Score
It should be an open competition in practice this week. If one of the other kickers steps up and takes th job by out kicking him this week at practice, then you give that guy the shot. If they are all pretty much even, then stick with Christen but have your back up ready to go just in case.

Reaction Score
He stunk in practice Thur and carried it forward to Sat.
When I heard him say this in his postgame interview, I was like, well what they hell happened Friday and Saturday pregame? Were those bad too? If you have a bad practice Thursday; fine. But don't use that as an excuse for 2 days later.

Reaction Score
I had a bad weekend with my college and NFL teams. UConn misses 4 FG's while my Vikings made 3 FG's in the 1st Qtr but needed to score TDs. :(

Reaction Score
someone mentioned that "the wheels fell off for Christen" on Thursday this week.

does anyone have any idea what happened ?

His dog died. Seriously. But I'm not sure when he found out about it. :(

Isn't this something Dez should be reporting on? I mean it is a human interest story. He could ask the tough questions and get answers.

Reaction Score
I had a bad weekend with my college and NFL teams. UConn misses 4 FG's while my Vikings made 3 FG's in the 1st Qtr but needed to score TDs. :(

Yeah... try UConn, Cowboys, Yankees and son's fall ball team dropping 2 out of three.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When I heard him say this in his postgame interview, I was like, well what they hell happened Friday and Saturday pregame? Were those bad too? If you have a bad practice Thursday; fine. But don't use that as an excuse for 2 days later.

He said it's mechanical. He didn't make any excuses, he stood up and faced the media. His point was that he struggled in the game for the same reason he struggled in practice.

Reaction Score
Once again nothing from the coaching staff on what they were doing to get him strait........

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He's a frigging kicker. Either he'll fix it or he won't.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I hate this staff and have bashed them since day 1 but you have to be fair. College kickers are as dependable as heroin addicts.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
His dog died. Seriously. But I'm not sure when he found out about it. :(

Isn't this something Dez should be reporting on? I mean it is a human interest story. He could ask the tough questions and get answers.

I've had to put both my dogs down in the past 8 months so I can certainly relate to how difficult losing a pet can be. That being said, I pray to everything holy that anyone related to our program never uses that as an excuse publicly. We all handle loss differently, some better than others. If that was weighing so heavily on Chad's mind that it affected him doing his job, he shouldn't have been out there. Not everyone can be Torrey Smith.

Reaction Score
Some of you guys really got derailed off the road a little bit on this Christen comment. He had a bad practice kicking and it kept going thru gametime.

Have you guys never had the same thing happen with your golf game?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Some of you guys really got derailed off the road a little bit on this Christen comment. He had a bad practice kicking and it kept going thru gametime.

Have you guys never had the same thing happen with your golf game?

Exactly. It's like trying to coach someone to putt.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If they're handing out schollies for being a ****ty putter, let me know.

Yeah doesn't really work like that. The kid can kick we've seen it. For whatever reason this week he lost it. He says it's mechanical. Doubtful anyone in Storrs can help him. He probably has a personal kicking coach that may or may not be able to help.

Hopefully he can kick Friday. If he misses more kicks - guess what you just stop kicking they wouldn't be the only team in the country that threw in the towel on place kicks. Rewatch BYU and Boise for an example.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yeah doesn't really work like that. The kid can kick we've seen it. For whatever reason this week he lost it. He says it's mechanical. Doubtful anyone in Storrs can help him. He probably has a personal kicking coach that may or may not be able to help.

Hopefully he can kick Friday. If he misses more kicks - guess what you just stop kicking they wouldn't be the only team in the country that threw in the towel on place kicks. Rewatch BYU and Boise for an example.

I know Chad's made kicks, he was obviously talented enough to secure a full ride. But he's missed other kicks this year that he probably should have made. The misses just weren't as glaring. I told my buddy 2 weeks ago I had no faith in our FG kicker. He asked why and my only response was that he had yet to make a big kick when we needed it. I don't take any pleasure in the fact that the Temple game only proved my point. I haven't seen the game, I plan on doing so tonight, as soon as I get drunk enough to numb the pain. I'll keep an open mind but I dont see an 0-4 performance changing my mind.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know Chad's made kicks, he was obviously talented enough to secure a full ride. But he's missed other kicks this year that he probably should have made. The misses just weren't as glaring. I told my buddy 2 weeks ago I had no faith in our FG kicker. He asked why and my only response was that he had yet to make a big kick when we needed it. I don't take any pleasure in the fact that the Temple game only proved my point. I haven't seen the game, I plan on doing so tonight, as soon as I get drunk enough to numb the pain. I'll keep an open mind but I dont see an 0-4 performance changing my mind.

Yeah he's playing terribly. He'll tell you himself. It's not the NFL. You have what you have.

If you haven't watched the game don't bother. It's awful.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Trust me, I'm sure the young man is his own worst critic right now. But that could be part of the problem, if not all of it. I don't want to beat the kid up anymore than he's probably done to himself. However, football's a team sport and if someone hits a slump and doesn't perform their job, then it's time to give someone else a shot.

If my employees are performing below their outlined expectations and not responding to the training we provide, then I take them out of their direct contact with our clients and let them practice their skills in house. The next man/woman steps up to see how they perform. It's always an open competition and the best performer wins. I've had dozens of employees who have been forced to step aside for a while only to come back stronger and reclaim their spot. I hope Chad does that but maybe it's time he took one for the team and stepped aside. (And that call should come from the coach as I'd never expect a competitor like Chad to make that decision on his own. Nor would I want him to).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is no one else to kick. If you let the kid who is not ready to kick take the job he loses a year of eligibility over a lost season.

We have gone down this road. Edsall wasted a year of the Kentucky Hammer's career to kick off in a wasted season.

This isn't corporate America. You can't change the roster 7/12ths of the way through the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom