WSU (kansas.com) take on Tahj Eaddy | The Boneyard

WSU (kansas.com) take on Tahj Eaddy

Reaction Score
WSU (kansas.com) take on Eaddy. Interesting to see the way they look at him.
Have to expand this and/or scroll to the bottom to see the full writeup that follows the video.

Tahj Eaddy (Santa Clara graduate transfer)

Vitals: 6-foot-2, 165-pound combo guard from West Haven, Conn.

2019-20 season: Averaged 9.1 points, 2.1 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 0.9 steals in 25.2 minutes per game with 14 starts for Santa Clara, which finished 20-13 in the West Coast Conference. Shot 40.7% from the field, 33.3% on three-pointers and 83% on free throws.

Current recruiting: Has narrowed down his final list to Wichita State, Connecticut, USC, Georgia Tech and Iowa State, according to StockRisers.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article241391931.html#storylink=cpy

Embedded video

Outlook: Eaddy is a score-first guard who has spent the past two seasons as a secondary creator and full-time spot-up threat for Santa Clara. He has been at his most dangerous as a spot-up shooter, camping out in the corners waiting for kick-out passes or rolling up as the replace shooter hunting catch-and-shoot looks out of the pick-and-roll game. Although his three-point shooting dipped to 33.3% last season, Eaddy is still a career 37.1% three-point shooter on good volume (4.5 attempts per game). Per Synergy, he ranked in the 83rd percentile nationally in catch-and-shoot efficiency and drilled 39% of those looks beyond the arc. Eaddy also has the flexibility to seamlessly fit into WSU’s motion offense, where he could be a threat off and on the ball. He has the quickness to break down defenders off the dribble to go with a solid pull-up jumper and the vision to see cutters for dump-off passes. But his assist rate topped out at 19.4% (think Erik Stevenson) last season and dipped to 15.6% (think Dexter Dennis) this season. Added bonus is that he’s an 82.4% career free throw shooter. Eaddy had a career year in 2018-19 season (15.0 points, 3.2 assists in 35.5 minutes per game), then saw his playing time, production and efficiency come down this past season (9.1 points, 2.1 assists in 25.2 minutes per game).

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article241391931.html#storylink=cpy

5:03 AM - Mar 21, 2020

Twitter Ads info and privacy

17 people are talking about this

Reaction Score
Averaged 15 pts a game in 18-19 with 3/2 at 37.9% 3 point shooting. Averaged 7.5 in 17-18 with 42.4% 3 pt shooting. Not sure of the reason for the fall off but there is some potential for this kid as a solid back up I would think. Good looking stroke, can pass the ball and handle it too.

Reaction Score
Is he more of a PG or a SG? If he's a PG and can handle the ball, I'm more OK with this than if he's more of a 2. He's an OK, not great shooter, but an extra ball handler is always a bonus and I would prefer to not see many situations this year when BA has to play PG in a pinch. A 3rd legit PG would be an asset.

Reaction Score
Is he more of a PG or a SG? If he's a PG and can handle the ball, I'm more OK with this than if he's more of a 2. He's an OK, not great shooter, but an extra ball handler is always a bonus and I would prefer to not see many situations this year when BA has to play PG in a pinch. A 3rd legit PG would be an asset.

Watch a couple of the plays on the video he certainly has more ability with the ball than Adams, no doubter. A couple of shake and bakes like Bazz even lol. Pure PG? Not sure but certainly looks like a solid combo, more than BA.

Reaction Score
Watch a couple of the plays on the video he certainly has more ability with the ball than Adams, no doubter. A couple of shake and bakes like Bazz even lol. Pure PG? Not sure but certainly looks like a solid combo, more than BA.

I actually missed the video initially. Agreed, looks like a ballhandler/playmaker type. When BA runs the point, I hold my breath until he gets us into the flow of the offense.

Reaction Score
I would still take Mcgowens over Eaddy

Of course but who's a better fit for what the future plans are for DH and the staff recruiting wise? Maybe they just want a 1 year stop plan as they have their hands in on a few high ranked kids for 21-22-23?

I ask with all seriousness because I don't know who's best at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom