Wright and Beilein | The Boneyard

Wright and Beilein

Reaction Score
Jay Wright is great coach. Villanova is lucky to have him.

I’m fine with either team winning, just looking forward to a great game.

Reaction Score
Jay Wright is the nicest guy you can meet. He's also a very good coach. I will be rooting for him.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'll have fun watching.

But, I trust no one.

I said this joking about Beilein to a buddy ... but somehow I actually do trust him.

I don’t trust Sneaker Dough.

Reaction Score
Two great coaches, teams with upper classmen, and both had favorable draws. I felt all along the only team capable of beating Villanova was probably Duke.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
It’s interesting that neither team has much in the way of rim protection. Spellman and Wagner, minimally. What they do is eliminate driving lanes, challenge shooters, and grab rebounds. And everyone on the floor is an offensive threat.

In (one of) my ESPN bracket(s) - I had three - I had a Michigan/Nova final picked. TBH, the other two had Virginia.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Beilein being a WNY guy has always made me root for him. And ridiculous threads in all caps aside, his son should be a star soon at the D-1 level as well.

But I also genuinely love his style, his type of players he recruits, and really most about him as a coach.

I’ve waxed too poetic about Wright and Nova for even my own liking, but suffice it to say I’m cool with Nova as a program as well.

I love how these guys coach and they are/seem to be genuine, unlike a Calipari or Pitino, for instance.

Making it bittersweet is that in my bracket I originally had this matchup and last minute I changed it to UM losing in E8 and UVA beating Nova.

Hair away from genius, instead look like a schmuck.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It’s interesting that neither team has much in the way of rim protection. Spellman and Wagner, minimally. What they do is eliminate driving lanes, challenge shooters, and grab rebounds. And everyone on the floor is an offensive threat.

In (one of) my ESPN bracket(s) - I had three - I had a Michigan/Nova final picked. TBH, the other two had Virginia.

Wow, see my post. I missed this, but it’s almost exactly what I did. Except I pulled the plug on my UM-Nova matchup so I have no proof. Always second guessing.

Reaction Score
Two good coaches both on the hot seat before their recent successes. Patience continues to be a virtue...

C

Chief00

I hear good things about Wright too, tough to square with his negative recruiting about Calhoun’s health.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I had this final in all my brackets. Had KU too. Just missed on Loyola. Need Villanova to win now.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
What strikes me more than the coaches is the style of play of both of these teams. Both teams space the floor with shooters, move the ball, rebound well, and play solid man-to-man defense.

Easier said than done but it's a simpler solution than the 'positionless' basketball we've been trying to play under KO.

I have trust Hurley sees that this is the formula for success in today's game.

Reaction Score
How does Nova not win this by at least 10? Michigan is no better than Kansas.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Villanova is on its way to its second title in 3 years, and I am willing to wager they will win another (their 4th) within the next 5 seasons.

This is the void that was left when UConn was decimated by conference realignment, and Villanova took our spot as the preeminent program in the Northeast. We need to take that back.

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Wow, see my post. I missed this, but it’s almost exactly what I did. Except I pulled the plug on my UM-Nova matchup so I have no proof. Always second guessing.
975568C5-2FEB-4E04-9A3B-AD64B46356CF.jpeg

Not great in the early rounds. Oh, well.

Reaction Score
Like I said yesterday, Jay Wright has made everything about Nova hoops sexy. This program will be a force until he retires.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Jay Wright is great coach. Villanova is lucky to have him.

I’m fine with either team winning, just looking forward to a great game.
My son and my money went to UM. But I’d guess as a pretty big surprise team they’d be big underdogs. Still fun.

Reaction Score
Man F Michigan fans though...

And F the New Big East, as likable as Wright and his teams are...
Michigan and PSU fans are probably the worst I've run into. I do like Beilein, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom