So - Tebucky Jones
So - Kabral Abrams
So - Shakim Phillips
Fr - John Green
Fr - Neally Cunningham

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think 1 of green/nealy will be on the other side of the ball.

but yes our wr corp next year is bananas
b a n a n a s

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
WRs will only be as good as a QB who can get them the ball.

Hopefully by bringing in a couple new QBs the competition at that position will push someone to play at a much higher level.

Reaction Score
Thinking/hoping that we see redshirt years used on Abrams, Cunningham, Green.

Still leaves us with a very, very nice group of 6.

Reaction Score

Hopefully by bringing in a couple new QBs the competition at that position will push someone to play at a much higher level.
They will have plenty of those to choose from also........

Reaction Score

Amen bro...

Reaction Score
would be shocked if Green and Cunningham don't get redshirted... Hope Abrams becomes a redshirt... His freshman season shoulda been just that...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
i think 1 of green/nealy will be on the other side of the ball.

but yes our wr corp next year is bananas
b a n a n a s

I disagree with you on either one playing on defense but I could be wrong. You get speed from Green and size from Nealy

Reaction Score
I disagree with you on either one playing on defense but I could be wrong. You get speed from Green and size from Nealy

We have a bunch of clear DBs in this class. I think both Green and Cunningham will be WRs and redshirted.

Reaction Score
We have a bunch of clear DBs in this class. I think both Green and Cunningham will be WRs and redshirted.
Agreed. They were quite thin at WR last year. They will lose the Moore's and Green and Cunningham will fill their places. I would have liked to see Kamal get a RS last year but the lack of depth hurt them, same thing with Nebrich.

Reaction Score
Til proven otherwise this list is a lot like the NE Patriots defensive backfield. The fact that you can pick 'em up off the scrap heap a dime-a-dozen, doesn't make them quality players game-after-game. We'll see. I think it'll help some if a few of these guys can create a little separation from opposing DB's and . . . you know, maybe, kinda catch the ball when it hits 'em in the hands. Also wouldn't hurt to have more YAC's from receivers not named Nick Williams.

Reaction Score
Til proven otherwise this list is a lot like the NE Patriots defensive backfield. The fact that you can pick 'em up off the scrap heap a dime-a-dozen, doesn't make them quality players game-after-game. We'll see. I think it'll help some if a few of these guys can create a little separation from opposing DB's and . . . you know, maybe, kinda catch the ball when it hits 'em in the hands. Also wouldn't hurt to have more YAC's from receivers not named Nick Williams.

They got to the respective programs that they are transferring from some how. They showed some obvious physical skills/tools or athletic ability that warranted the grade and scholarship to play a high level D1 competition. Remember Big schools bring in a bunch of guys just as good every year. There are also way more factors that go into a players comfortability with the school, college life, etc. that would make them want to switch. I feel they also see an opportunity to play here, learn from coaches that have been to the next level hoping to one day make it themselves. I agree it looks good on paper, but I also think that they got there somehow so you can't just take them to be slouches either.

Reaction Score
They got to the respective programs that they are transferring from some how. They showed some obvious physical skills/tools or athletic ability that warranted the grade and scholarship to play a high level D1 competition. Remember Big schools bring in a bunch of guys just as good every year. There are also way more factors that go into a players comfortability with the school, college life, etc. that would make them want to switch. I feel they also see an opportunity to play here, learn from coaches that have been to the next level hoping to one day make it themselves. I agree it looks good on paper, but I also think that they got there somehow so you can't just take them to be slouches either.

I so hope you are correct.

Reaction Score
At least McNeal showed some kind of production last year, before deciding to leave the program. I think he will be huge for them next year. Phillips I think will be a good deep threat also underneath strong physical WR. Excited to see both of them out on the field.

Reaction Score
Phillips, we'll see.

McNeal, however, we've seen play for an entire season at this level. He is, at worse, a competent BCS receiver, and with Michael Smith leaves us no worse than we were last year with the Moores. But from my recollections of his play two years ago I think he has the potential to have a '12 better than any of our receivers had in '11.

Reaction Score
Something fishy with McNeal it said he had 186 yds receiving last yr really? And were high on him? Hmmmm.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Something fishy with McNeal it said he had 186 yds receiving last yr really? And were high on him? Hmmmm.
Was only a redshirt freshman. Was buried behind 2 receivers older than him and a stud freshman receiver, all 3 of whom are most likely better than the guys we have returning next year. At the very least he will be able to compete and provide more depth.

F

fortebleedsblue

Phillips, we'll see.

McNeal, however, we've seen play for an entire season at this level. He is, at worse, a competent BCS receiver, and with Michael Smith leaves us no worse than we were last year with the Moores. But from my recollections of his play two years ago I think he has the potential to have a '12 better than any of our receivers had in '11.

I know we havent seen him play yet but from what I hear Phillips will likely be our best WR next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom