WR Bryce McNeal to UConn? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WR Bryce McNeal to UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW, Dez just clearly posted that McNeal will enroll here later this month. That contradicts what my understanding of the situation was.

I just asked him on twitter. He will be enrolling in the Summer.

Reaction Score
I am very happy with the moves Coach P has made. Picking up 2 4* quality WR's a 4* quality QB transfer and Casey Cochran really solidifies the position that hurt the team most in 2011. Whitmer should be experience and solid QB play to the position something we as fans haven't seen in some time. McNeal and Phillips give them two reliable play making options on the outside. McNeal looks like a playmaker with good hands, quick feet and shifty moves. On the Defensive end they really haven't lost too much aside from their two starting DT's. Let's not remember how good they were agains the run this year. Pass coverage could obviously be a little but it remains to be seen if that can be fixed with one more spring and summer in the system or some of the new recruits coming in.

All in I am very excited for the 2012 season, as I think Coach P has brought in some very good freshman and found the right transfers to solidify some of the key positions where they had little to know depth.

Reaction Score
I just asked him on twitter. He will be enrolling in the Summer.

This is what Dez said... "two quarterbacks, JC transfer Chandler Whitmer (Butler, Kan. CC) and state high school star Casey Cochran, both of whom will begin classes at UConn this month along with wide receiver - and Clemson transfer - Bryce McNeal."

Reaction Score
JUCOs, Transfers, whatever. All that's of concern is upgrading the talent level ASAP. The operant word in the phrase "Quick Fix" Fix. The UConn offense was poor last year - period. Need an infusion of playmakers. If that divides the lockerroom so be it.

Reaction Score
Here's the key in Dez's comments...I can see where it could be misread. The bold portions are the ones tied together. Not intended to tie Bryce into begin classes...but to tie him into the ...adding of 3 players.

was the adding of three players, two quarterbacks, JC transfer Chandler Whitmer (Butler, Kan. CC) and state high school star Casey Cochran, both of whom will begin classes at UConn this month along with wide receiver - and Clemson transfer - Bryce McNeal.

.....was the adding of three players..."possesses "....and Clemson transfer - Bryce McNeal...or something to that affect if my English 101 comes back to me correctly.

Reaction Score
What about Jason Sylva? From everything I read on Rivals, he was seeking to enroll in January. May it be Sportsart is hinting at? 3 enrollees and McNeal or 3 enrollees including McNeal? I'm excited for these guys whenever they enroll, but I know how much an extra semester can mean in building that continuity with teammates and learning the system. I'm already planning on attending the spring game. Just hoping it is a sunny day for once.

Reaction Score
What about Jason Sylva? From everything I read on Rivals, he was seeking to enroll in January. May it be Sportsart is hinting at? 3 enrollees and McNeal or 3 enrollees including McNeal? I'm excited for these guys whenever they enroll, but I know how much an extra semester can mean in building that continuity with teammates and learning the system. I'm already planning on attending the spring game. Just hoping it is a sunny day for once.

Latest I heard was 3 enrollees and McNeal. I talk to Jason as well and last he told he would be enrolling in the January as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom