WPRI TV Interview - Dan Hurley discusses decision to leave URI for UConn | The Boneyard

WPRI TV Interview - Dan Hurley discusses decision to leave URI for UConn

Reaction Score
Thats a real guy right there. Man i hope hes the real deal and brings us back to national prominence. You pull for a guy like that.

Reaction Score
Got to admired Dan Hurley in that interview with how hard a decision it was leaving a place that felt like family. He wears his emotions on his sleeve. Just glad we have such a respected guy who has passion for what we had built to come here and hopefully lead us back to the promise land. Welcome to UCONN Dan Hurley!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Love the reverence he has for our program. Excited to have you aboard, Dan! Lead us to happiness again.

That passion will stand out to recruits.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
It seems pretty obvious that Dan and his family were very happy at URI. You could tell it was a painful decision for him to make, and he seems like a genuine guy. I really hope they end up being just as happy at UConn.

I think this will be a great move for him because he gets to take one of the upper echelon jobs, but he won't have to move his family far and the UConn campus still has that smaller community feel like URI.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Pretty much saying Pitt wasn't a huge factor. Makes me really think all the leaks were coming from his agent to get a better deal.

Reaction Score
Pretty much saying Pitt wasn't a huge factor. Makes me really think all the leaks were coming from his agent to get a better deal.

I still think it was Pitt damage control. Check out their fans attitudes this week. "At least we tried." "AD put out the best offer." Etc. They lost their guy to an AAC school and it wasn't close. All the other leaks to Goodman were also Pitt-related, ie the Sean Miller stuff.

Agent doesn't need public pressure to have leverage. He just lays Pitt's offer on the table and tells UConn to match it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom