Wow | The Boneyard

Wow

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Wow that was somethin. Another unexpected blow of injuries and one more time of having to adjust on the run and we did. We did it against a very experienced veteran disciplined and well coached team. Hats off to UConn and so many non starters who were called upon to save the day. Congrats to Ines in the clutch with the enormous pressure she faced with the game on the line. Congrats to Aubrey for a terrific game after coming off a poor game just when we needed her. Lou Lou Lou a great great shooter and always there when we need her great game. Nika you are special and when they say your the glue you are the Gorilla glue that keeps this team on point.

This game wasnt as bad as it looked. We had a double digit lead when Nika went down and Lou was on the bench. Then the game was left to some inexperienced players who were thrown into the fire and they found a way to win the game. Think about this. We had 7 players on the bench injured or hurt. The injure Nitemare continues and UConn seems to find a way to fight through it. Trying to play through unexpected surprises is difficult. It seems like no matter what we do theres another freak injury. Just when we thought we were doing better bamm something happens to derail this team. Give the girls credit they some how struggle through it and get the job done. It aint pretty but thats what grit and fight are made of.

We have to continue this tuff schedule with what we have. Understand we are not at 100% so dont expect us to play at the level we are used to see UConn playing. It may not be smooth flowing like we are used to seeing. Last nite everything seemed to go wrong in the second half and we played through it trying to find our way and we did. We did it with players who havent had alot of playtime. We won the game stumbling forward. We found a way to win when everything seemed to be falling apart.

Moving forward it just may get worse before it gets better. We have 60+ points sitting on the bench. At some point things will get better and we have no idea when that will happen. Once we get Dorka and Azzi back it will take some time for them to get up to speed. Dorka was suppose to be 3-5 games. Azzi is suppose to be 3-6 weeks. Im hoping thats true but Im taking a wait and see approach. Now Nika and Lou need some time too even though I believe they will play Sunday.

There is alot of doubt moving forward. From reading the threads many fans feel we will lose a few more games and lets face it with 7/8 players out or playing hurt we all have some doubts on what to expect.

So next up is Maryland. Well we have Lou Aubrey and Edwards who can all give us double digits. We will have Nika on the floor and Im pretty sure we wont have 27 TOs anytime soon with Nika at the point. Dont forget we were up double digits against Princeton when Nika got hurt and Lou sitting on the bench. Im pretty sure the game would not have been that close if they were on the floor.

Remember this. Geno knows what he's doing. When a player is on the bench there is a reason. I mention that because there were questions as to why Geno had Lou on the bench. We didnt know the answer at the time. My first thought was whats wrong with Lou? Some posters said why doesnt Geno play her. What you should be thinking is Geno has his top scorer on the bench when we need her most...whats wrong with her because I can tell you this...Geno wouldve had her on the court at crunch time if she was ok. My point is remember Geno knows why, and we should be thinking what does Geno know that we dont know.

Hey guys we have a very tuff schedule the rest of this year. We need to get healthy and thats the most important thing. Maryland will be a very tuff game. If we win great and if we lose accept it. We are not the team we will be in a few more weeks when we get healthy. This is not easy for any of us especially the coaches and the team but we will learn from this and be better for it.

Reaction Score
I hope Lou and Nika will be playing against Maryland- it’s not a guarantee either will be able to play so soon after their injuries.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I was foolishly thinking, even TonyC can't put a positive spin on the latest events. I guess I was wrong. But TonyC, are you aware that Lou may have a lingering foot injury, that might affect her for the rest of the season?

Reaction Score
Wow that was somethin. Another unexpected blow of injuries and one more time of having to adjust on the run and we did. We did it against a very experienced veteran disciplined and well coached team. Hats off to UConn and so many non starters who were called upon to save the day. Congrats to Ines in the clutch with the enormous pressure she faced with the game on the line. Congrats to Aubrey for a terrific game after coming off a poor game just when we needed her. Lou Lou Lou a great great shooter and always there when we need her great game. Nika you are special and when they say your the glue you are the Gorilla glue that keeps this team on point.

This game wasnt as bad as it looked. We had a double digit lead when Nika went down and Lou was on the bench. Then the game was left to some inexperienced players who were thrown into the fire and they found a way to win the game. Think about this. We had 7 players on the bench injured or hurt. The injure Nitemare continues and UConn seems to find a way to fight through it. Trying to play through unexpected surprises is difficult. It seems like no matter what we do theres another freak injury. Just when we thought we were doing better bamm something happens to derail this team. Give the girls credit they some how struggle through it and get the job done. It aint pretty but thats what grit and fight are made of.

We have to continue this tuff schedule with what we have. Understand we are not at 100% so dont expect us to play at the level we are used to see UConn playing. It may not be smooth flowing like we are used to seeing. Last nite everything seemed to go wrong in the second half and we played through it trying to find our way and we did. We did it with players who havent had alot of playtime. We won the game stumbling forward. We found a way to win when everything seemed to be falling apart.

Moving forward it just may get worse before it gets better. We have 60+ points sitting on the bench. At some point things will get better and we have no idea when that will happen. Once we get Dorka and Azzi back it will take some time for them to get up to speed. Dorka was suppose to be 3-5 games. Azzi is suppose to be 3-6 weeks. Im hoping thats true but Im taking a wait and see approach. Now Nika and Lou need some time too even though I believe they will play Sunday.

There is alot of doubt moving forward. From reading the threads many fans feel we will lose a few more games and lets face it with 7/8 players out or playing hurt we all have some doubts on what to expect.

So next up is Maryland. Well we have Lou Aubrey and Edwards who can all give us double digits. We will have Nika on the floor and Im pretty sure we wont have 27 TOs anytime soon with Nika at the point. Dont forget we were up double digits against Princeton when Nika got hurt and Lou sitting on the bench. Im pretty sure the game would not have been that close if they were on the floor.

Remember this. Geno knows what he's doing. When a player is on the bench there is a reason. I mention that because there were questions as to why Geno had Lou on the bench. We didnt know the answer at the time. My first thought was whats wrong with Lou? Some posters said why doesnt Geno play her. What you should be thinking is Geno has his top scorer on the bench when we need her most...whats wrong with her because I can tell you this...Geno wouldve had her on the court at crunch time if she was ok. My point is remember Geno knows why, and we should be thinking what does Geno know that we dont know.

Hey guys we have a very tuff schedule the rest of this year. We need to get healthy and thats the most important thing. Maryland will be a very tuff game. If we win great and if we lose accept it. We are not the team we will be in a few more weeks when we get healthy. This is not easy for any of us especially the coaches and the team but we will learn from this and be better for it.
Strongly agree on Geno knows! He'd rather take a chance on losing with Lou on the bench than playing her and losing her for several games.

Reaction Score

Nicely articulated, TonyC---you talked me off the ledge. Well I'm still on the ledge, but at least i have now removed the anvil from around my neck...keep it up,,,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom