Wow. We still have a chance | The Boneyard

Wow. We still have a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Even though incredibly unlikely we still have a chance at getting into AAC Championship game. Obviously need to win next 2 games and Memphis would have to beat Temple. Also USF needs to lose last 2 games and Cinci 1 more game.

I guess not impossible, but like I mentioned above incredibly unlikely. Not saying we are exactly where we want to be as of yet, but there is no doubt we have made great progress as a program. Most of us would have signed up for this slight chance of an opportunity at the beginning of season.

As for me I am hoping for us to sneak out 1 win and play competitively in the other game. That gets us a bowl game, 15 more practices and momentum into next year.

Now let's all get out there and fill The Rent for the biggest game in last 5 years next week vs a top 20 team. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
USF plays UCF....
Yes. I saw that. I should have stated very, very incredibly unlikely. But like I stated above we still have a chance and it gives us another thing to root for this late in season.
I am waiting for someone to post the Jim Carrey clip from dumb and dumber soon. My computer skills are horrible or I would have done it myself

Reaction Score
If only we had played better against USF. That was a game I'd like to get another crack at.
Totally agree. That game was Huge (Donald Trump voice inserted )

Reaction Score
uconn is coming off a game against Tulane where they did not
Score an offensive point and we are taking about beating undefeated Houston and temple
On road back to back weeks. Please stop

Reaction Score
Score an offensive point and we are taking about beating undefeated Houston and temple

We'll be in both those games. Those are better teams, but not insurmountable. UCONN will go into both with good motivation, rested and reasonably healthy.

Reaction Score
Houston is at home and Temple just got whooped by USF. Anything is possible.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Even though incredibly unlikely we still have a chance at getting into AAC Championship game. Obviously need to win next 2 games and Memphis would have to beat Temple. Also USF needs to lose last 2 games and Cinci 1 more game.

I guess not impossible, but like I mentioned above incredibly unlikely. Not saying we are exactly where we want to be as of yet, but there is no doubt we have made great progress as a program. Most of us would have signed up for this slight chance of an opportunity at the beginning of season.

As for me I am hoping for us to sneak out 1 win and play competitively in the other game. That gets us a bowl game, 15 more practices and momentum into next year.

Now let's all get out there and fill The Rent for the biggest game in last 5 years next week vs a top 20 team. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Maybe you did not read the part that I stated it was incredibly unlikely. If you don't want to talk about this possibility don't reply to post. It is that simple, but like I said we have a chance after 10 games in season to actually root for something. It is a long time since we can say that. GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score

To add to what everyone else is saying. We are also coming off a bye week with a full week extra to prepare for a team who might be without their starting QB and riding an emotional high with a last minute win, overlooking us with their last game being against a stout Navy team. Coupled with that our motivation will be sky high considering we need 1 more win to be bowl eligible and this our last home game. Not to mention all the rest of the points people made, Temple lost to a team we could've beat. Tulane was PLAYED IN A MONSOON (sorry just so sick of people who may/may not consider themselves to be avid football fans not understanding why there is less points scored in the conditions that you saw at that game. Rain and Wind clearly made it near impossible to throw). Lets continue on Houston is at home. So you're wrong there again. so Please stop would be appropriate for you.

I'm not saying we will win both or either but we will definitely be in both games for the majority of the game time.

Reaction Score
The fact that we have a mathematical chance a winning the conference, however unlikely, is amazing. I'm still psyched that we have two chances left to qualify for a bowl this season. I didn't think it was going to be very probable with the number of really good teams in our league. I won't minimize the size of this task since Houston looks like the toughest out in our league and Temple has been great this year, but the USF win at least inspires a little hope for us. Whatever our flaws are, we have definitely improved as a team and in relation to the teams in the conference. Hopefully we can put together enough in all three phases to come away with at least one more win! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
It's geeat to at least have something to hope and reach for. Yes, we are still a very mediocre squad and last week having the O put up 0 points underlines we have a long way to go. But, winning starts by believing, and wins gets you believing more and that is the goodness we have going. To imagine a 7-5 is more than anybody could hope for. To imagine a magic 6th win for some god forsaken bowl is a blessing. A 5-7 finish fought hard gives us what we need until next year. The tipping point was reached. Goodness awaits.

Reaction Score
We have the best points allowed defense in the league right now.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/standings/_/group/151

While highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly unlikely, it is possible. Because of that i will continue to grow cling to hope. At least through this week.

Amazing stat: UCF has allowed 271 points in 6 games (45 per game)...

...which means that we actually underperformed against that God-awful team (won 40-13).

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UCF will not beat anybody this year. But we sure can. We've had a chance to beat everyone on our schedule except 1. Let's do this. Bring back the bowl games!

Reaction Score
Scotty. I am a Packer fan and as you probably know they lost to the Lions today. The only reason I make this statement is that this morning almost everyone would have thought that it was incredibly unlikely that the Lions would win today. They were 11 point underdogs on the road at a place they have not won in 25 years (1995).

So I can understand your opinion in that we may not have shown we should be able to win these next 2 games,but weirder things have happened. Just ask any Lions fan

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Glass half empty guy says we didn't score an offensive point against Tulane. Glass half fun guy says we didn't give up an offensive point against Tulane either.

Reaction Score
ucjoet said:
Scotty. I am a Packer fan and as you probably know they lost to the Lions today. The only reason I make this statement is that this morning almost everyone would have thought that it was incredibly unlikely that the Lions would win today. They were 11 point underdogs on the road at a place they have not won in 25 years (1995). So I can understand your opinion in that we may not have shown we should be able to win these next 2 games,but weirder things have happened. Just ask any Lions fan

1991. Something like 8700 days. And the way the Packers almost won was even stranger. Until the blocked FG. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom