Wow! This puts the UNC scandal in perspective. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wow! This puts the UNC scandal in perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Penn State = UNC. Yep, that's what I wrote.

What ever happened to reading comprehension?

You compared a paying players scandal to an academic scandal to a child rape scandal and then ranked them in terms of severity. Well done, I guess, for ranking the child rape scandal the worst!

Also your post was 11 words so reading comprehension didn't have much of a chance to come into play.

Penn State is in its own league. There's no need to compare anything to it, it's clearly the worst thing that college athletics has ever or will ever produce.

caw

Reaction Score
You compared a paying players scandal to an academic scandal to a child rape scandal and then ranked them in terms of severity. Well done, I guess, for ranking the child rape scandal the worst!

Also your post was 11 words so reading comprehension didn't have much of a chance to come into play.

Penn State is in its own league. There's no need to compare anything to it, it's clearly the worst thing that college athletics has ever or will ever produce.

I love the optimism.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We all agree Penn State's transgression was worse. I think we all agree that Upstater was not trying to equate them.
Next...

Reaction Score
David 76 said:
We all agree Penn State's transgression was worse. I think we all agree that Upstater was not trying to equate them. Next...

Hitler was worse than Sandusky.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
In the Minnestoa case, it was stated the coach didn't know but should have known.

The counselors made a presentation to the UNC coaches about Crowder's influence. What coaches?
It says in the snippet above he had direct knowledge the secretary was writing papers?

Reaction Score

Why are you responding to my reply to someone else? I questioned his reading comprehension. Are you having trouble with yours and you felt compelled to respond as well? Because I was insulting a certain class of reader?

Well, since you wanted a longer post from me, let me explain to you what everyone here understands. The NCAA issues punishments. They issued punishments to PSU, they issued punishments to many others. Furthermore, because PSU happened long after SMU, the punishment was very different as the NCAA's thinking had evolved. In a thread about punishing scandal, it is relevant to look at the NCAA's history.

Reaction Score
Why are you responding to my reply to someone else? I questioned his reading comprehension. Are you having trouble with yours and you felt compelled to respond as well? Because I was insulting a certain class of reader?

Well, since you wanted a longer post from me, let me explain to you what everyone here understands. The NCAA issues punishments. They issued punishments to PSU, they issued punishments to many others. Furthermore, because PSU happened long after SMU, the punishment was very different as the NCAA's thinking had evolved. In a thread about punishing scandal, it is relevant to look at the NCAA's history.
In retrospect I made a jerky response to what was a pretty innocuous post. Sorry about that.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
This is easily worse than SMU. Only Penn State exceeds it.
Penn State was a terrible criminal issue IMO. I think the No Carolina scandal is really what the NCAA is/ was supposed to monitor.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
c'mon man, this falls outside of their jurisdiction

after all, UNC did achieve a positive APR on their self-submitted APR report. I mean that's good enough, probably even signed under the penalty of perjury by the AD's student volunteer assistant.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Penn St, was a crime against humanity. This is just grade fudging. Not comparable.
Failure to supervise, cover up at the highest level, worst kept secret on campus. The crime is different but the reaction is the same.

Reaction Score
Failure to supervise, cover up at the highest level, worst kept secret on campus. The crime is different but the reaction is the same.
UNC is a huge systemic failure like Penn State the difference is UNC is screwing around with kid's educations, Penn State was about the cover up of little boys being raped. To put it into political terms I've seen every politician lie cheat and steal from county people all the way to the some of the highest places in government. Nothing will ever touch what happened at Penn State and nothing will ever touch what happened with Waterbury mayor Phil Giordano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom