Wow, how things have fallen apart. | The Boneyard

Wow, how things have fallen apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kind of sad to log into the Boneyard today. Most recent threads include: a former Huskies' pro football locker, UConn bands music selection, whether non-football playing schools will move to dissolve the Big East, the NFL Draft and Nostaligic UConn wins from seasons past (save for consideration the L'Ville win got).

Not a knock on these posts, just sad that that's all we have and that we don't have the excitement of an impending bowl game or an invitation to a major football conference to get excited about. Even discussions about stadium expansion, or the appearance of a Boise State on next year's schedule would be more positive. Heck, many fans would be thrilled to be posting about Paul Pasqualoni getting his walking papers and the prospects of hiring a new coach - who would it be? What will they bring to the program? to recruiting? Instead, we're posting about Beer, which right about now sounds terrific. Miss the tailgaiting, but don't miss the football flop. Seems like only yesterday that this program was making a believer out of skeptics and making all of us believe that anything was possible - that we could close on Penn State, that we could become the next North Carolina or Iowa, that we could crash the Top 25 (Top 10?) sooner rather than later. Thanks Paul and Emmanuel.

Reaction Score
No bowl + Dead Coach Walking + Big East Dissolution = Threads about beer

Honestly, I've never been more distressed/depressed over UConn athletics. 2 years removed from a hoops national championship and a BCS bowl appearance. What a sharp and dramatic fall.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Things have come full circle. Way back when UConn was dying for a guard, Rod Foster snubbed UConn for UCLA. A year later, SI had a page and a half action photo of Foster. At the time, I was pumped when UConn would get a two-sentence mention in the EAST section of SI's weekly college hoop round-up. Making the AP Top 20 for a week was a thrill. That UConn would win a title wasn't even a dream. It will be hard to go back to those times.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Honestly, I've never been more distressed/depressed over UConn athletics. 2 years removed from a hoops national championship and a BCS bowl appearance. What a sharp and dramatic fall.

And we don't have one ally out there. We are the Richard III of college sports.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
...oh, and Merry Christmas everybody...

Reaction Score
Don't worry were monitoring the situation lol. Hardest thing to accept is the wait and see approach, instead of being a go-getter. It's time to transition to a football school, but nobody else can see it. Have to wait and see if Boise and the west teams actually come to the NBE or if maybe the ACC expands. Sad situation, but if you don't win, nobody wants a loser.

Reaction Score
Jesus hates UConn. Can there be another explanation?
I'm beginning to believe this is just fruits of having morons at the helm. The wait and see, do nothing extreme mentality is a by product of a President and AD with training wheels on. God almighty is this pathetic.

Reaction Score
We are the John Hancock of College Sports never take any risks but never take any government bailouts.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
books

Reaction Score
We are a mid major now. I will still go to the Rent but I just feel defeated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
No bowl + Dead Coach Walking + Big East Dissolution = Threads about beer

Me too. Problem is that fixing this will require a lot of correct moves on UConn's part and a lot of luck. And so what to we do . . . the AD and President approach the former by retaining Pauly Pasqualonizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . . as to the latter, luck seems to be coming to UConn in the negative variety.

Reaction Score
Stop being depressing. It's a poor state of mind - it rots you from the inside out. There is work to do and opportunity to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom