Would you trade Loyd for Atkins? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Would you trade Loyd for Atkins?

Reaction Score
My knee jerk reaction your suggestion was no, then I thought about it for a moment. Upon further review, and because I'm biased (I love Mo), If I'm the Storm, I would make that trade straight up. Reason being, what can Canada do that Mo can't?

I already know what MoJeff can do at this level. She's plug n' play. Plus she already has a past and great chemistry with Stewie, like peanut butter and jelly.
Canada still is a shoot first guard, and the flow is bad most times she is in the game. She plays too fast, and out of control, Sue plays fast, but is always under control. Canada has played her way for a few years, and Mo learned point guard 101 under Geno, and CD, so Canada for Mo is a win for Seattle.

Reaction Score
I would trade Loyd for Atkins, not because I don't think that Loyd is good, but because Atkins is bigger and the WNBA is getting to the point where size makes a huge difference. Loyd is listed at 5'10", only an inch shorter than Atkins, but I don't believe it. She looks and plays smaller than that.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Would you trade Loyd for Atkins?

No, because I would have never acquired her in the first place. I always viewed her as too inconsistent. If her shot is not on, she disappears.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No, because I would have never acquired her in the first place. I always viewed her as too inconsistent. If her shot is not on, she disappears.

That can be said for plenty of other players as well.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
LI also note that she is a very gifted athlete who could become very important to the Storm’s future - if she can ever get it in her head that she doesn’t have to carry the entire offense. Play good D, get 15 each night, and stop playing out of control.

People have such short term memories...she IS very important to the Storm's future and IS a huge asset to her team right now. You do realize she averaged 15ppg this season and contributes in other ways besides scoring? She's 2nd on the team in assists, had a 2:1 A/TO ratio, was an All-Star and has respectable shooting percentages from the floor--nearly identical to Atkins actually. Yeah she's streaky, a lot of players are. She's vital to the success of her franchise and will likely blossom into one of the best off guards in the league. Seattle would be downright foolish to trade her for a backup PG with a history of injury issues.

Reaction Score
People have such short term memories...she IS very important to the Storm's future and IS a huge asset to her team right now. You do realize she averaged 15ppg this season and contributes in other ways besides scoring? She's 2nd on the team in assists, had a 2:1 A/TO ratio, was an All-Star and has respectable shooting percentages from the floor--nearly identical to Atkins actually. Yeah she's streaky, a lot of players are. She's vital to the success of her franchise and will likely blossom into one of the best off guards in the league. Seattle would be downright foolish to trade her for a backup PG with a history of injury issues.
I don't think anyone is trading Loyd for MoJeff...Atkins for Loyd, Yes! MoJeff for Canada, Yes!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is trading Loyd for MoJeff...Atkins for Loyd, Yes! MoJeff for Canada, Yes!

Others on this thread have promoted Loyd for Jefferson. That'd be an absolute steal for Vegas.

I don't see either Washington or Seattle wanting to trade Atkins for Loyd. Jefferson would be a massive upgrade from Canada IMO...Seattle would take that deal in a heartbeat but no way Bill would allow that to happen. The last thing Vegas needs is bringing in another new PG. They need a solid 3 and another post to compliment Wilson.

Reaction Score
Seattle is clearly looking for the next PG to replace Sue. Peterson didn’t work last year, but them seem happy with Canada. If she progresses next year, she will likely be the natural player to slide over (knows the offense, player chemistry etc). If she doesn’t progress, I would look for Seattle to bring in a PG. Mo is certainty an option.

Regarding Loyd, she is in the top 25% of players in the league. That’s an asset. Unless they could upgrade on the market, Loyd is a solid player who has many years ahead. The great thing about Seattle is that their core is young (minus sue). Keep what’s working together, and you’ll likely get a few rings in the process.

Clark was huge for them in the playoffs and erased the doubts I had about her being a starting 3 in the league. She was consistent all season. I think immediate gains could be made by bringing in a more reliable backup 3 (sorry KML) and a bigger post presence off the bench.

Otherwise, if I was the GM, I would release Quinn, sign a rookie with the #12 pick, and see if this roster can duplicate this season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wow, Shizam got a lot of mileage out of that query. :rolleyes: The responses were interesting.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
That can be said for plenty of other players as well.

She was always overrated. Anything can be said about a lot of players. The topic is Loyd. Too bad they can't get Samuelson in the 2019 draft. Maybe they could trade Loyd for a high draft pick and Samuelson. Other people obviously have mistakenly high opinion of Loyd. Maybe they can wrangle a 2nd round pick and get Sophie Cunningham. She never gives up and quits.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Otherwise, if I was the GM, I would release Quinn, sign a rookie with the #12 pick, and see if this roster can duplicate this season.

Agree with that. I just didn't see Quinn contribute much during the games I watched. They got really limited production from Paris as well.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

Well, as I said, I think she needs to grow some more in her judgment with the ball. She can’t very well be growing as a star with the Storm if the Storm trades her, right? So, I am not in favor of trading her. I am in favor of somebody teaching her. That she sat the 4th quarter of the series-deciding game speaks more effectively than any of our BY meanderings.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She was always overrated. Anything can be said about a lot of players. The topic is Loyd. Too bad they can't get Samuelson in the 2019 draft. Maybe they could trade Loyd for a high draft pick and Samuelson. Other people obviously have mistakenly high opinion of Loyd. Maybe they can wrangle a 2nd round pick and get Sophie Cunningham. She never gives up and quits.

I guess the C in your username must stand for Cunningham. :rolleyes: Any GM who would do that trade would get fired on the spot.....

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Canada didn't set the world on fire her rookie year, but she had a solid year learning under the all time great and shows huge upside. She improved every year she was at UCLA (took her 3pt percentage from 13% as a freshmen to 39% as a senior) and if she's able to improve in the pros as well, she'll be a very valuable guard.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Canada didn't set the world on fire her rookie year, but she had a solid year learning under the all time great and shows huge upside. She improved every year she was at UCLA (took her 3pt percentage from 13% as a freshmen to 39% as a senior) and if she's able to improve in the pros as well, she'll be a very valuable guard.

Yep. Somebody once said that you can’t teach height. Well, you can’t teach speed either. I like Jordin, and I think she will become a very good PG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom