Would you sit the injured | The Boneyard

Would you sit the injured

Reaction Score
Ok. Would you risk losing the AAC Championship and break the win streak by sitting or limiting Gabby and Crystal's minutes? Let them rest and heal? Similar to MLB, where the team has already clinched the division and home field advantage and sit many of their starters.

Personally, I think they'll still win with Z and Megan starting but the game will be closer.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Geno will not risk further injury to either player. Gabby is of most concern. So -

Gabby will be a game time decision. If she's loose and "pain free", she plays at least some of the first quarter then Z comes in. Since the offense runs through Gabby at the high post, her starting will keep that chemistry fresh. I beleive USF will have a difficult time handling Z the way she is playing right now.

Crystal is the field general and she starts but will be rested at points during the game. Depending on the score, USF is not to be taken lightly, starters are done by the end of the 3rd.

Reaction Score
I would keep Gabby out and play Crystal limited minutes. Pretty much a no-brainer..

Reaction Score
They don't need gabby to win tonight.
Sit gabby.

Play crystal

They have ten days off till NCAA?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They don't need gabby to win tonight.
Sit gabby.

Play crystal

They have ten days off till NCAA?
Exactly. If they are good to go, play them. Just not sure Williams is gonna be good to go. Crystal should be fine, she's even been practicing recently.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Crystal played 24 minutes on Sunday and 25 minutes last night. She looks good. I would expect her to play about 25 tonight. If they were going to sit her, it would have happened last night.

Gabby is a different story. Geno talked about it last night. Suggested that there are bigger goals, obviously, but also recognized Gabby doesn`t want to sit. A tug of war, like with Lou earlier in the year. My guess is she gets limited minutes but who knows. They shouldn`t need her tonight, especially given how well Z and Walker played.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
What does it matter: if you win by 30 or 50 points?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom