Would you sign up for the play-in round right now? | The Boneyard

Would you sign up for the play-in round right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would sign up for it in about 3 seconds.

The loss to Houston has placed us in a very precarious place, teetering between in & out. A loss to SMU would push us back even further. I place our odds of winning at SMU at about 30%, not impossible but not likely. A loss to SMU, beating UCF and making AAC Final might be good enough to avoid play-in round but obviously depends on fellow Bubble mates perform. Needless to say but a loss to SMU & early exit from AAC tourney would leave us out completely I think.

Reaction Score
Maybe this is the year the comittee invites 4 deserving AAC teams and leaves out the 17-13 PAC and SEC teams that always seem to meander in there. Who knows if we even deserve it right now. That loss must have dropped our RPI into the 50s.

So yes I would. As long as we don't play Temple.

Reaction Score
Maybe this is the year the comittee invites 4 deserving AAC teams and leaves out the 17-13 PAC and SEC teams that always seem to meander in there. Who knows if we even deserve it right now. That loss must have dropped our RPI into the 50s.

So yes I would. As long as we don't play Temple.
Tulsa about to lose to Memphis...since we are competing with Tulsa now for the final bids I guess it's good. AAC ceiling probably 3 bids but agree the PAC, SEC have some weak Bubble teams as well.

Reaction Score
Tulsa about to lose to Memphis...since we are competing with Tulsa now for the final bids I guess it's good. AAC ceiling probably 3 bids but agree the PAC, SEC have some weak Bubble teams as well.

The AAC will get 1-2 teams depending on the autobid. The Committee doesn't like the AAC

Reaction Score
Wow these threads although realistic are becoming an annual event and are depressing.

Oh how the mighty are falling!

Reaction Score
Wow these threads although realistic are becoming an annual event and are depressing.

Oh how the mighty are falling!
Certainly not the intent of the thread to say the end of the program is near. Was simply putting hypothetical ? out after the Houston loss if you would take the "play-in" round and be happy or let it ride so to speak on a higher seed vs. left out scenario.

Reaction Score
No. If we can't win @SMU or win the conference tournament we are not going anywhere anyways. I'll roll the dice and hope we can build some sort of momentum.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Would sign up in a Heartbeat.

I think there is a better than 50/ 50 shot that we are left out of at large on Selection Sunday. The reason I say that is there is maybe better than a 50/50/ shot we go 1 and 2 in our next 3 (SMU on the road. and first game of AAC against either Cinci, Tulsa or Houston) it is entirely entirely possible we go 1 and 2 there (call me a negative nelly Im being realistic on a season long sample size) . If we do go 1-2 I think we may be screwed.

SO I think all you who wouldnt accept a play in game today are absolutely insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom