Would you accept a 2 for 1 with Rutgers? | The Boneyard

Would you accept a 2 for 1 with Rutgers?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
RU really doesn't move the needle enough for that.

H/H sure
Neutral site? OK but that doesn't really benefit either school.

It should be done because each thinks it's a guaranteed win.

UConn would do a paid road game of the price was right. In fact, I'd probably prefer that and get a better name to come to the rent or as an away game.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
now that we are poised to be one of the Big Tens Top teams we can command a higher price. What do you think?

No, but I would accept absorbing your university and football team into ours.

Reaction Score
now that we are poised to be one of the Big Tens Top teams we can command a higher price. What do you think?

I will when Rutgers wins a national championship in anything.

Reaction Score

There is a reason why Ollie was judged and then dismissed (leaving aside the "for cause" argument). And, there is a reason why UConn is the Power it is in WBB (and then Field Hockey). We are rising PROGRAMS in baseball and hockey. And ... our MBB will again be pushing for the latter rounds of the NCAA. Our Football will be a solid program ... or we won't continue to put up with mediocre.

We are not Rutgers. It's not OK to just grab the $$$. (and please stop b-tiching about your share of the B1G) We desire Championship teams and programs in Connecticut. For those knocking our AD ... be thoughtful when looking at this comparable.

Reaction Score
How many Rutgers fans are going to travel up to East Hartford? How many UConn fans are going to want to wade through NYC's landfill to see the Huskies? And neither school is going to send enough fans up to Fenway or Yankee Stadium to make it profitable for anyone concerned. UConn needs a few winning seasons in a row to boost/regain interest then.... work on regional rivalries.

Reaction Score
RU really doesn't move the needle enough for that.

H/H sure
Neutral site? OK but that doesn't really benefit either school.

It should be done because each thinks it's a guaranteed win.

UConn would do a paid road game of the price was right. In fact, I'd probably prefer that and get a better name to come to the rent or as an away game.

I would hope that we are not looking at any game as a guaranteed win at this time.....

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind a series but no 2-1 that's for sure.

Rutgers Al come on even you can't think that seriously.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Pay no attention. RutgersAl being RutgersAl...still patiently waiting for the Scarlet Knights to become the USC of the East.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jeez, Al. Talking about kicking someone when they’re down.

Reaction Score
ROLF! Poor Rutgers. The tv guys kept pronouncing it Ohio State during last year’s B10 championship game. Nobody ever died for dear old Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Seeing a Rutgers Al post these days is rarer than a Bigfoot sighting. Almost missed the sheer lunacy of them.

Almost.

bigfoot-625x440.jpeg

Reaction Score
Pay no attention. RutgersAl being RutgersAl...still patiently waiting for the Scarlet Knights to become the USC of the East.

What are you referring to here? Surely not Uterine Serous Carcinoma ???
USC
There is an Australian school near the top of the list. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom