Would we have wanted Peterson? | The Boneyard

Would we have wanted Peterson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As the title states... would you have taken him? His name hasn't been mentioned much here.

His offense was exiting.
He brought some creativity and trickeration.
He won at Boise, for goodness sake!

Don't know if he'd be the best for New England recruiting, but I wouldn't have been suicidal if that was Warde's choice.

I know he's gone to Washington, but what do you think?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
As the title states... would you have taken him? His name hasn't been mentioned much here.

His offense was exiting.
He brought some creativity and trickeration.
He won at Boise, for goodness sake!

Don't know if he'd be the best for New England recruiting, but I wouldn't have been suicidal if that was Warde's choice.

I know he's gone to Washington, but what do you think?

Yes.

Same with Saban.

And Chip Kelly.

And Lombardi.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't quite put Peterson in their category, but I'm assuming you feel we had "no shot" at landing someone of his caliber. Is Washington THAT much of a better gig than UCONN?

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I wouldn't quite put Peterson in their category, but I'm assuming you feel we had "no shot" at landing someone of his caliber. Is Washington THAT much of a better gig than UCONN?

Yes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For a guy who has all of his experience and contacts right in that region? Yes it's much better.

Reaction Score

Why would you leave Boise for UConn? Wash was apparently his dream job. He was never an option for us.

Reaction Score
Why would you leave Boise for UConn? Wash was apparently his dream job. He was never an option for us.
I can see that. I wasn't thinking he would leave Boise for UCONN, but I wasn't thinking he would leave for Washington either. Doesn't seem like much of a step up. Of course, if he wins in the PAC then Washington will look like a pretty good gig, I guess.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I can see that. I wasn't thinking he would leave Boise for UCONN, but I wasn't thinking he would leave for Washington either. Doesn't seem like much of a step up. Of course, if he wins in the PAC then Washington will look like a pretty good gig, I guess.

The Washington Huskies have won 15 Pacific-10 Conference championships, seven Rose Bowl titles, and four national championships recognized by the NCAA.[3][4] Washington's all-time record of 679-423-50 ranks 19th by all-time winning percentage and 22nd by all-time victories.[5] The team has two of the nation's longest winning streaks, including an NCAA second-best of 39 wins in a row, holds the Division I-A unbeaten record at 63 consecutive games,[6] and has had a total of twelve unbeaten seasons, including seven perfect seasons.[7] Washington is one of four charter members of what became the Pacific-12 Conference and one of only two schools with uninterrupted membership from the beginning.[8] From 1977 through 2003, Washington had 27 consecutive non-losing seasons—the most of any team in the Pac-12 and the 14th longest streak by an NCAA Division I-A team.[9] Through the 2011 season, its 357 conference victories rank second in conference history.[10] The Huskies play on campus in historic Husky Stadium and are currently coached by Chris Petersen.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He's a big enough name to overcome moving to a new geography. I would not have called him the dream candidate, but he'd have been better than any other name we've heard attached to this job, so I'd have given it a hell yeah.

Reaction Score

It's a great job. Very high profile.

Reaction Score
I can assume the op doesn't remember what Washington was under Don James.

Reaction Score
The Washington Huskies have won 15 Pacific-10 Conference championships, seven Rose Bowl titles, and four national championships recognized by the NCAA.[3][4] Washington's all-time record of 679-423-50 ranks 19th by all-time winning percentage and 22nd by all-time victories.[5] The team has two of the nation's longest winning streaks, including an NCAA second-best of 39 wins in a row, holds the Division I-A unbeaten record at 63 consecutive games,[6] and has had a total of twelve unbeaten seasons, including seven perfect seasons.[7] Washington is one of four charter members of what became the Pacific-12 Conference and one of only two schools with uninterrupted membership from the beginning.[8] From 1977 through 2003, Washington had 27 consecutive non-losing seasons—the most of any team in the Pac-12 and the 14th longest streak by an NCAA Division I-A team.[9] Through the 2011 season, its 357 conference victories rank second in conference history.[10] The Huskies play on campus in historic Husky Stadium and are currently coached by Chris Petersen.
OK, you win.

I've only known Washington as an "also ran". I knew they had a few good years here and there, but didn't appreciate the breadth of their history. They apparently have a much richer history than I give them credit for.

I was just surprised that with some of the asinine suggestions we've seen for coaches on the boneyard, he never came up. I guess we'll get a sense of our "worth" over the coming weeks when we see who Warde really pulls in.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He turned down quite a few offers over the years (to the point where many felt he was a lifer at BSU). I'm guess that U-Dub was the one spot he always wanted.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
OK, you win.

I've only known Washington as an "also ran". I knew they had a few good years here and there, but didn't appreciate the breadth of their history. They apparently have a much richer history than I give them credit for.

I was just surprised that with some of the asinine suggestions we've seen for coaches on the boneyard, he never came up. I guess we'll get a sense of our "worth" over the coming weeks when we see who Warde really pulls in.

Imagine a program with the tradition, glory and success that SU fans imagine their programs has. But its real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom