Would UConn leave Big East for Power Five, Big 12 invitation? Here's what experts had to say (Dave Borges) | The Boneyard

Would UConn leave Big East for Power Five, Big 12 invitation? Here's what experts had to say (Dave Borges)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

5849FE39-D403-49E7-8553-D0C173708DB6.jpeg

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t worry about as I think the Pac-12 is in trouble. If four of Arizona, ASU, Utah, Colorado, Oregon, or Washington join the Big 12, UConn will be in the Big East until the ACC falls apart.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If UConn is stupid enough to say no to the Big 12, if they ever invite us, which I don't think they will, then we deserve to die out in the wilderness. No idiot says no to a massive revenue increase just so your basketball team can take bus trips against opponents students never grew up cheering against. TBH, I think the students would be more pumped to play Big 12 opponents than BE teams.

The part not mentioned in this article is the revenue gained from ticket sales. Joining the Big 12 instantly doubles season ticket sales and packs the Rent.

CL82

Reaction Score
If UConn is stupid enough to say no to the Big 12, if they ever invite us, which I don't think they will, then we deserve to die out in the wilderness. No idiot says no to a massive revenue increase just so your basketball team can take bus trips against opponents students never grew up cheering against. TBH, I think the students would be more pumped to play Big 12 opponents than BE teams.

The part not mentioned in this article is the revenue gained from ticket sales. Joining the Big 12 instantly doubles season ticket sales and packs the Rent.
Wait, your handle doesn't mean UCF basketball fan?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

the last one that said no to a good invite was Holy Cross to the Big East!! Look how that worked out over the last 40 + years.

CL82

Reaction Score
the last one that said no to a good invite was Holy Cross to the Big East!! Look how that worked out over the last 40 + years.
If they had said yes, BC wouldn't have gotten an invitation, and we all probably would be in a better place right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AND University of Chicago seceding from the B1G
I only think its relevant if the program is still trying to compete at the FBS Football Level.

Tulane and GT voluntarily leaving the SEC has got to really sting right now, as does FSU choosing the easier path to titles in The ACC over long-term stability but far stronger competition in The SEC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom