Would UConn fans be interested in a Northeastern football-only conference? | The Boneyard

Would UConn fans be interested in a Northeastern football-only conference?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Hear me out:

My theory assumes three things:
1) The NCAA will allow a football-only conference (with the Convention coming up in September, this may happen)
2) The Big 12 adds BYU, UCF, UH, and Cincy
3) The MW adds Memphis, SMU, and Wichita State (Olympic sports)

We would be part of an 8-team 7-game/year football-only conference. It would allow us to schedule up to 5 P5 home and home series a year.

Here's the line-up with the Olympic sports conferences they would be in:
UConn (Big East)
UMass (A-10)
Army (Patriot)
Navy (Patriot)
Temple (A-10)
Buffalo (America East)
ECU (CAA)
USF (CAA)

There would be no CCG so as to allow Navy and Army to play their yearly game after the CCGs are finished.

Our prospective schedule could look something like this:

1. Syracuse (H)
2. Vanderbilt (A)
3. Boston College (H)
4. Purdue (A)
5. Duke (H)
6. USF (A)
7. Buffalo (H)
8. Temple (A)
9. Army (H)
10. ECU (A)
11. UMass (H)
12. Navy (A)

What do you think?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You again on CRA? Making us all dizzy… but go ahead carry on

Reaction Score
If anything radical happens, I think it will be more independence with unofficial scheduling agreements. I don't think you need a conference to hold it together. It's going to be a PITA to follow though because all these teams will eventually have their own streaming deals and you'll need some sort of bundle or a whole bunch of subscriptions to watch

Reaction Score
Hear me out:

My theory assumes three things:
1) The NCAA will allow a football-only conference (with the Convention coming up in September, this may happen)
2) The Big 12 adds BYU, UCF, UH, and Cincy
3) The MW adds Memphis, SMU, and Wichita State (Olympic sports)

We would be part of an 8-team 7-game/year football-only conference. It would allow us to schedule up to 5 P5 home and home series a year.

Here's the line-up with the Olympic sports conferences they would be in:
UConn (Big East)
UMass (A-10)
Army (Patriot)
Navy (Patriot)
Temple (A-10)
Buffalo (America East)
ECU (CAA)
USF (CAA)

There would be no CCG so as to allow Navy and Army to play their yearly game after the CCGs are finished.

Our prospective schedule could look something like this:

1. Syracuse (H)
2. Vanderbilt (A)
3. Boston College (H)
4. Purdue (A)
5. Duke (H)
6. USF (A)
7. Buffalo (H)
8. Temple (A)
9. Army (H)
10. ECU (A)
11. UMass (H)
12. Navy (A)

What do you think?
Not only do we have a crappy coach, now you want to put us in a crappy conference!!! Fire Edsall and pay Lashlee what he wants.

Reaction Score
Why don't we all wait until about 1500 Saturday to assess the Huskies future. Our performance against Holy Cross will likely speak volumes.

Reaction Score
lol why do you guys think Lashlee would come here? This is more delusional than Shizzles conference
Money talks. Benedict wants a winner and he can get one. Didn’t Benedict and Lashlee work together at Auburn? Burton and Shenkman will write the check.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Money talks. Benedict wants a winner and he can get one. Didn’t Benedict and Lashlee work together at Auburn? Burton and Shenkman will write the check.
Boy, everyone just wasted already on the first Thursday of College Football?

Reaction Score
lol I guess I just take general UConn knowledge for granted. Lashlee and his family packed up and moved because his wife didn't like Connecticut. You're several years behind the curve

Reaction Score
Lashlee’s wife and family didn’t like living in the North East

Reaction Score
Beyond delusional!!

Reaction Score
lol I guess I just take general UConn knowledge for granted. Lashlee and his family packed up and moved because his wife didn't like Connecticut. You're several years behind the curve
As I recall he said in the press that both he and his wife wanted to be closer to home. It’s a great thing to say if you really cannot stand the head coach you are working under. It wouldn’t be the first time Edsall drove one of his coaches to just quit and leave.

Reaction Score
If UConn wants to land somewhere for football until getting a P4/P5 invite, I would like to see them in a conference where there are academic and sports leaders. So, UConn, UMass, Temple, Buffalo, Army, Navy, Tulane, Rice, SMU, Air Force. That would give them enough regional teams so they wouldn't have to travel to the South too often. It could be a revised American Conference or something else. Could be FB only.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
As I recall he said in the press that both he and his wife wanted to be closer to home. It’s a great thing to say if you really cannot stand the head coach you are working under. It wouldn’t be the first time Edsall drove one of his coaches to just quit and leave.
Yes he disliked RE

Reaction Score
Yes. That conference would work. Especially if The Alliance leads to fewer available games for us to schedule in the future.

Reaction Score
If UConn wants to land somewhere for football until getting a P4/P5 invite, I would like to see them in a conference where there are academic and sports leaders. So, UConn, UMass, Temple, Buffalo, Army, Navy, Tulane, Rice, SMU, Air Force. That would give them enough regional teams so they wouldn't have to travel to the South too often. It could be a revised American Conference or something else. Could be FB only.
I’ll go along with that if you agree to put Men’s Basketball in the MAC.

Reaction Score
And he was at SMU for only two years before moving on. He came here to run his offense. We didnt have a defense to support it. Lashlee is also an opportunist. That's what good youngish coaches are. Who were the other coaches he drove to quit and leave?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom