Would CD be interested in RU now? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Would CD be interested in RU now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll throw out another name that any quality program would be foolish to overlook in finding a new coach, Suzie McConnell Serio. What Suzie is doing at Duquense is excellent, especially, when you consider she faces, essentially, the same challenges that Jen faces at Hartford in recruiting. The Dukes have one loss to date this year by 4 points to North Carolina, and they have beaten Delaware and Pitt. Suzie is doing a heck of a job. Luring Suzie away from Pittsburg is, also, similar to luring Jen away from CT.

2 comments:
- Duquesne is in the A-10. Light years better than the America East.
- No way do I see a program of UConn's status going with an outsider that's not an established star. If it's an outsider, it should be someone on the level of KM or Muffet.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
2 comments:
- Duquesne is in the A-10. Light years better than the America East.
- No way do I see a program of UConn's status going with an outsider that's not an established star. If it's an outsider, it should be someone on the level of KM or Muffet.
I suggested any top program not UConn specifically.

Reaction Score
Duquesne has yet to make the A-10 tourney semifinals in 5 years under SMS.
No NCAA tourney bids either.
3 WNIT bids -- 1st round losses each time.

SMS has got a ways to go before any upper tier program would give her much of a look.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She has won 20+ games for the last 4 years in a row including 24-9 two years ago. This year is her strongest team.

Additional panache she will bring is she played in the WNBA, was Coach of the Year in the WNBA, and before, also, coaching in the WNBA her teams at Oakland Hills won three PIAA championships and was runner up twice in a decade. She, also, has two Olympic medals. And she is a member of the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.

And what you say of Suzie might well be said of Jen, as well.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Assuming CD sticks it out at UConn and does not want to leave/retire when Geno leaves, I would expect the top job would be offered to her first... She is the unsung hero in the program; the person behind Geno's throne. She deserves the opportunity first. If she decides to retire it's a different dynamic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom