Would Boise State be power house in BE? | The Boneyard

Would Boise State be power house in BE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boise St. for the last years looked really good!
how would they COMPETE in the new big-east look?

Reaction Score
Boise St. for the last years looked really good!
how would they COMPETE in the new big-east look?

they would clearly face some difficulties, better competition week-in/week-out on top of absolutely insane travel to east coast
i'd really be interested to see these conference schedules Marinate suggested were being modeled already
that said, i hope the expansion happens w/ the 6 schools as suggested

Reaction Score
With their current QB they would dominate. I think he graduates this year.

Reaction Score
Instead of beating Nevada 58-10, they'd be beating us, 'cuse, & rutty 48-14. Not a big difference.

So. Cal. kids have been picking Boise over UCLA for a few years. Now the Broncos are getting the USC and Texas kids. Boise plays a different game than us. They will dominate the NBE for as long as they can continue to recruit so. cal. and texas.

Reaction Score
They'll be very good. Don't think they'll dominate the same way they have in the WAC (now MWC) b/c there will be no weeks off (theyll get bit if they have an off week, where in years past they could get away w/ it)

Reaction Score
The current Boise team would dominate. They have better coaching, a more imaginative offensive scheme and quality players. They beat Va Tech and Georgia far from home. The game vs WVU would be a lot of fun to watch, but no other Big East team would be able (at this juncture) to compete with them.

Reaction Score
The current Boise team would dominate. They have better coaching, a more imaginative offensive scheme and quality players. They beat Va Tech and Georgia far from home. The game vs WVU would be a lot of fun to watch, but no other Big East team would be able (at this juncture) to compete with them.
I don't like the geographical differences but on balance they would IMO be a big plus for the league and for Boise, Big East membership might get them to the NC game much much sooner. Would it make the Big East more stable? Maybe yes and maybe no. This would also IMO put more pressure on Notre Dame to either join the BE in football or go ACC or B10. If they go ACC then that might mean UCONN would be invited also, sparking another round of BE instability.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
everytime i see bosie on tv or see talk about them the first thing i think of is blue mountain state.

Reaction Score
who cares. When are people going to realize that there will be no BE conference. All signs point to Mizzu to the SEC. The B-12 will go to 12 and we'll lose WVU and LVille, after that what's the point in expansion. What's the point of starting these threads?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Instead of beating Nevada 58-10, they'd be beating us, 'cuse, & rutty 48-14. Not a big difference..

For what its worth, Nevada beat Boise last year and finished #11 in the final AP poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom