Would Becky Hammon have been... | The Boneyard

Would Becky Hammon have been...

Reaction Score
..a Husky? Being from SD, I got to know Becky's dad Marty over the years. I never knew until recently that he is from Connecticut. He was a coach and got a coaching job in South Dakota where he raised his family. Becky played at Rapid City Stevens and with a lack of AAU programs, still got recruited to Colorado State. I can't help but wonder how it would've turned out if Marty stayed in CT and Becky played in Connecticut where her father had his roots. Something tells me she would've caught Geno or CD's eye...as we all know, Becky went on to be an all-time great in the WNBA.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
..a Husky? Being from SD, I got to know Becky's dad Marty over the years. I never knew until recently that he is from Connecticut. He was a coach and got a coaching job in South Dakota where he raised his family. Becky played at Rapid City Stevens and with a lack of AAU programs, still got recruited to Colorado State. I can't help but wonder how it would've turned out if Marty stayed in CT and Becky played in Connecticut where her father had his roots. Something tells me she would've caught Geno or CD's eye...as we all know, Becky went on to be an all-time great in the WNBA.
That would have been around 1994-95 and UCONN was very much NE focused in recruiting. A quick glance of the roster, Sales and Rizzotti were in state while Lobo and Wolters were from near by Mass. Kim Better and Jamelle Elliot were from the DMV area.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I have been to Rapid City, the City of Presidents. It is not too far from Mount Rushmore. They have life-size bronze statues of the Presidents at various streets, street corners, etc.

Maybe Becky would have ended up on UConn`s Mount Rushmore.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
My interest in Becky is more in the present and future rather than the past.

Understanding her success in the NBA, I would still hope to see her return to the woman's game as the coach of a major university program or secondarily in the WNBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom