Worth noting, Tubberville at Cincinnati let go two assistants | The Boneyard

Worth noting, Tubberville at Cincinnati let go two assistants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Defensive coordiator and DL coach. Both were part of his staff at Texas Tech.

Reaction Score

Covered earlier in "Some Coaching Tidbits" thread. Hope it has nothing to do with our potential DC hire.

Reaction Score
Thought they moved on to pursue opportunities.....??? if so, where?..If not-why??

Reaction Score
I think that it was against SMU one of the assistants, I am guessing on Def., called a time out to stop the clock at the end of the game.. Not sure why he did it but Tuberville freaked. In fact, he was still yelling at the guy after the game as they walked across the field. You did not have to be a lip reader to see that Tuberville wass ripping him ...... Anybody else see that??

Reaction Score

He's probably doing some fine tuning. It's also interesting because I was thinking he was just going to mail it in to some degree at Cincy.

I remember after our game with them this year the broadcasters interviewed him, and they acted like he was some kind of genius or something. As if it took a genius to beat the Huskies this season!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He's probably doing some fine tuning. It's also interesting because I was thinking he was just going to mail it in to some degree at Cincy.

I remember after our game with them this year the broadcasters interviewed him, and they acted like he was some kind of genius or something. As if it took a genius to beat the Huskies this season!

I am currently sizing Matt Rhule, Kyle Flood and Justin Fuente for their dunce caps.

Reaction Score

Having watched Tubby up close for years I can assure you that firing some staff will be an annual habit with him. He is not a very good coach himself but is very good at deflecting blame for his shortcomings on to others. If Cincy does not catch on to his act he will take them down the tubes in about 5 years.

Reaction Score
Having watched Tubby up close for years I can assure you that firing some staff will be an annual habit with him. He is not a very good coach himself but is very good at deflecting blame for his shortcomings on to others. If Cincy does not catch on to his act he will take them down the tubes in about 5 years.

We can only hope.

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with that. I look forward to it.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
My bad.
Nah...not at all. With some "general purpose" threads it can be difficult to ascertain what might be inside. Just letting you know there was more info and posts made over there. Fortunately, the move by T'ville is not looking like it's connected to our moves.

Reaction Score
I think that it was against SMU one of the assistants, I am guessing on Def., called a time out to stop the clock at the end of the game.. Not sure why he did it but Tuberville freaked. In fact, he was still yelling at the guy after the game as they walked across the field. You did not have to be a lip reader to see that Tuberville wass ripping him ...... Anybody else see that??
Tate called the time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer