Worst team in the Big East | The Boneyard

Worst team in the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Which is pretty sad...

Coach has got to go.

Gotta get someone young with energy in here. Not looking forward to the next 4 years as a bottom feeder in the big east before the coach dies of a heart attack.

Gotta get somebody skip holtz-esque in here. I don't care if he's got the worst coaching pedigree in the country...just get somebody in here that can provide some promise and relate to the players.

Not some guy that plays 1950's Blues in the locker room to motivate the players.

Reaction Score
This team has some talent. The Cupboard isn't bare, we didnt have an established QB or a RB and we're playing alot of young players.

I am exercising alot or restraint here, I blasted Edsall Gump for alot less, and he deserved it.

Coach P has not shown us anything, a moribund win against Fordham! A win against Buffalo, 17-3 and it was much closer than things looked.

Thus far I have not seen one shred of evidence to show that I should believe in this staff.

Reaction Score
Hate to say this but lets give Coach and his staff one (preferably two) recruiting cycles before making judgement.
Of course, with the uncertainty re: the BE future . . .

Reaction Score
There's a big difference between saying that Coach P hasn't shown us anything and saying he ought to be removed. But things seem to be awful GRob-ish at this point.

One positive is that JMac seems to look better each game. When he has protection he looked more than proficient yesterday.

He's got to be protected better, and he has to learn how to escape and keep the play alive.

Reaction Score
There's a big difference between saying that Coach P hasn't shown us anything and saying he ought to be removed. But things seem to be awful GRob-ish at this point.

One positive is that JMac seems to look better each game. When he has protection he looked more than proficient yesterday.

He's got to be protected better, and he has to learn how to escape and keep the play alive.

I knew the GROB comparisons would come, and they are way off base. Coach P has had success, a great deal of success, as a BCS head coach. GROB did not. Coach P has a track record of being a solid recruiter. Uh, GROB was a disaster.

I have been underwhelmed with Coach P thus far, but it is the halfway point of year one that saw massive defections on offense in the offseason.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We are also 3 plays away from 5-1. Grob was getting abused early on.

Reaction Score
If we start firing coaches at will they would not want to come here knowing it's win now or else. Not happy with the Pas hiring but still have to give him more time.

Reaction Score
Burton would have to open his checkbook in a big way (which he probably would)
if they fired PP, in order to pay off his contract.

It is silly to call for his firing at this point. It is not silly to say he has been unimpressive, to say the least, so far.

If we see a lot more transfers after this season you'll know the guys ain't buying into his system.

By the way. He won't have the chance to get his players in, 4-5 years, and he shouldn't have to. It's not like he got the job cause someone got fired. There is talent here.

Reaction Score
toke
Which is pretty sad...

Coach has got to go.

Gotta get someone young with energy in here. Not looking forward to the next 4 years as a bottom feeder in the big east before the coach dies of a heart attack.

Gotta get somebody skip holtz-esque in here. I don't care if he's got the worst coaching pedigree in the country...just get somebody in here that can provide some promise and relate to the players.

Not some guy that plays 1950's Blues in the locker room to motivate the players.
toke, Today at 3:22 AM Report#1LikeReply

Just too bad UConn's admin didn't think this way back in January. Needed a Rich Rod, Mike Leach, McGee type - open up the offense, change the old fashion paradigm at UConn.

Reaction Score
lol

TDH you are the protypical collge football fan. You would fire and hire 2 or 3 coaches every year.

Yeah, Skip Holtz...... he's coming off one hell of a game.

Good lord you just can't make this up......

Go to the game and cheer for your team. Honestly man, it's a blast.

Reaction Score
It's not like he got the job cause someone got fired. There is talent here.

The talent at QB and TB is horrible. Tough for any coach to overcome. OL has not been up to expectations. Three big problems for any coach.

Reaction Score
The talent at QB and TB is horrible. Tough for any coach to overcome. OL has not been up to expectations. Three big problems for any coach.

To say the talent at QB and RB is horrible is not being objective.

It was uncertain coming into the season for sure. The QB is better than we thought and the RB is not horrible by any strech, it's just not what we are used to.

If you expect the QB and RB to play defense.......well...

Reaction Score
lol

TDH you are the protypical collge football fan. You would fire and hire 2 or 3 coaches every year.

Yeah, Skip Holtz...... he's coming off one hell of a game.

Never mentioned Skip Holtz. Just score some flippin points on offense. Just get a coach who can coach offense.

Reaction Score
If we start firing coaches at will they would not want to come here knowing it's win now or else. Not happy with the Pas hiring but still have to give him more time.

This argumnet has been offerred several times. Basically, we can't fire a bad coach because we can't get a good one because we fired a bad one, which means we must suffer with the bad one if we want a good one....the logic is dizzying ;)

Reaction Score
We are also 3 plays away from 5-1. Grob was getting abused early on.

Sun, Sep 4 WEST VIRGINIA L 7-15 ABC Carrier Dome Details
Sat, Sep 10 BUFFALO W 31-0 Carrier Dome Details
Sat, Sep 17 VIRGINIA L 24-27 ESPN/ESPN2 Carrier Dome Details
Sat, Oct 1 at Florida State L 14-38 Tallahassee, FL Details
Fri, Oct 7 at Connecticut L 7-26 ESPN2 Storrs, CT Details

some of those games were close early on under grob, it certainly wasn't an indication of anything considering it was a much more difficult schedule than you have played.

Reaction Score
Which is pretty sad...

Coach has got to go.

not nice, if u want him out then want him out.. but for 1 to have medicle issue not nice. no respect! joe pa' has 24 years on hcpp, they love the game, 1st year with RE' players.

Reaction Score

some of those games were close early on under grob, it certainly wasn't an indication of anything considering it was a much more difficult schedule than you have played.

Don't infuse facts into this discussion.

Reaction Score

You have to be kidding me. Is this an Orange poster comparing PP with GRob?

Please. Even if that comparison were accurate, and there is really nothing to suggest it is, UCONN would never standby as Cuse did and watch that level of incompetence for 4 YEARS.
And for Orange fans licking their chops to get to the Rent and take on a UCONN team reloading its skill positions after a conference championship season - watch some football. The Orange are struggling with their OLine and UCONN has a kid named Reyes (could be a first rounder) and Jess Joseph is starting to come back off that injury. I really like the way we match up with the Orange and fully expect we can make it 5 IN A ROW.

Orange fans remind me a lot of BC fans. Revel in the difficulties of former conference mates because god knows there isn't much to cheer about with their own programs. Classy groups.

Reaction Score
You have to be kidding me. Is this an Orange poster comparing PP with GRob?

Please. Even if that comparison were accurate, and there is really nothing to suggest it is, UCONN would never standby as Cuse did and watch that level of incompetence for 4 YEARS.
And for Orange fans licking their chops to get to the Rent and take on a UCONN team reloading its skill positions after a conference championship season - watch some football. The Orange are struggling with their OLine and UCONN has a kid named Reyes (could be a first rounder) and Jess Joseph is starting to come back off that injury. I really like the way we match up with the Orange and fully expect we can make it 5 IN A ROW.

Orange fans remind me a lot of BC fans. Revel in the difficulties of former conference mates because god knows there isn't much to cheer about with their own programs. Classy groups.
no i wasn't comparing them, i was responding to the post that said grob was getting abused early on. he was in some close games at the very beginning, and then went completely in the tank. i think PP is astronomically better than grob. and i'm not reveling in anything, there has been more than enough bad football to go around the conference by everybody this season.

Reaction Score
I think y'all should quitcher bitchin', that is, those of you that are. PP will be here 4 more years. Let's see what happens when his recruits arrive on the scene in quantity.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Nobody wants to give him more time, especially coming of a BCS berth, but we have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom