Worst Part of UCF/Duke No Call On Last FT | The Boneyard

Worst Part of UCF/Duke No Call On Last FT

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
is coaches will start teaching players to flop and oversell the foul even more in end of game situations.

I'm all for letting players play and have said more than once UCF needed to man up and get that rebound at any cost. Most of us are aware of the infamous/legendary rebounding drills JC used to make his players go through. That drill wasn't designed to beat Seton Hall the second week of January. It was for moments like yesterday.

Anywho, end of game, refs tend to let players play and they're human. The moment is often as big as if not bigger than the 3 guys wearing stripes.

How do you overcome that? Make a scene so big and so egregious they are forced to blow the whistle and call something.

Sucks and it isn't good for the game as a whole but coaches are going to go the soccer route of overselling plays to force the refs hands.

Reaction Score
The UCF guard who moved into Zion on his last goal really tried the flop maneuver...Zion just bulled past him.

The refs had a good view of him moving laterally in front of Zion...so the flop did not sell.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Normally the referree crying at least has some basis for criticism - this games it’s nuts.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The UCF guard who moved into Zion on his last goal really tried the flop maneuver...Zion just bulled past him.

The refs had a good view of him moving laterally in front of Zion...so the flop did not sell.
I don't care one way or another because UCF did get the benefit on 1 or 2 calls (Puke got many more) but Zion did extend his arm and leaned into the defender in an unnatural way of going to the hoop

Reaction Score
Only thing I thought was the refs could have called a foul on the UCF guard and set Zion to the line. Since there in no continuation rule in college and he wasn’t in the act of shooting. If he missed the shot we’d be hearing about that. He made it so it was a good no call in media land.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'm talking about selling the hook on the arm or the push on the back. The block/charge flop is already ingrained in the game.

Not a fan of it.

Reaction Score
You can already see a little of the soccer methods....a guy will snap his head, grab his face in pain as if hit in the face...and when there is no call, OK...just trots down the court.

Not a fan...

When I officiated HS soccer, a local team had a guy that was so obvious about it that bystanders would yell..."Oscar...Oscar".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom