Worst O line in 20 years | The Boneyard

Worst O line in 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have never, in my 20 years of going to UConn football games, seen an offensive line that is as bad in every phase of the game as these guys are. Is it bad coaching? How did we go from such a good offensive line for so many years, to this. Foley did a great job in the past, why did the take him off the line? Do the players not know what to look for, how to adjust? Is it lack of talent? Can the coaches figure out what these guys can do ? How does the O-line get better. They are getting beat on every play. It is amazing that we can even gain a single yard.
That being said, these coaches are terrible, and the team is very boring. They are going to lose fans by the thousands if they don't make a change. We are looking at a team that could lose 10 games next year if something doesn't change.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's coaching. UConn has always been able to coach talent up, especially on the O-Line. We are coaching talented kids down, now.

Reaction Score
These zone blocking schemes being taught by GD are used more in the NFL. The theory is to have linemen blocking an area, not a man. Watch the tape and see our guys in pass blocking mode after a snap--moving their feet and being active but letting defensive blitzes come by and around them "outside their area of spatial responsibility". It's almost comical, and you can bet that DC's lick their chops when they watch the film. It is by far the main reason for our demise. One of the player's Dad's explained it all in detail to me as we ran the tape back and forth. It's almost shocking to see in slow motion. These coaches have to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom