Worst Defensive Performance | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Worst Defensive Performance

Reaction Score
They moved the ball well AND hit their open 3s. AG and Carlton were being eaten up down low. I’m happy with the effort and the improved offensive sets. Not every time down, but it’s never a perfect game.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
What happened with Gaffney getting the technical? Did they initially call the foul on SMU or was it always against JG? I obviously was confused as to what was happening.

Reaction Score
What happened with Gaffney getting the technical? Did they initially call the foul on SMU or was it always against JG? I obviously was confused as to what was happening.

Live, the referees called a foul on the guy guarding Gaffney for blocking. When they reviewed the tape, they waived that off and called a Flagrant 1 on Gaffney for hitting the defender in the face.

They got it right.

Reaction Score
SMU was getting to the rim at will. Some of our defenders, particularly Akok, were just backing up and letting them get to the hoop.

That's what it looked like to me. Our bigs had 4 fouls total the entire game with 2 blocks. One foul a piece for JC, IW, AK, SW. I get that you can get worried about not fouling out but I'd figure our bigs would have more than 1 foul a piece. I would have been happy to see more than a few hard fouls by our bigs on a dribble drive. Make them think twice about doing it again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The zone looked bad but a good offense is going to beat a zone and SMU looked really well coached in that regard. There are pretty good offensive teams out there that would not have torn up the zone like SMU did.

It shut down their uncontested drives to the rim, but gave them open looks from 3, and they took those and hit all three of them. Had they gone 1-3, suddenly the zone would look like a great decision.

I remain frustrated that we cannot seem to keep our rim protector near the rim. Zone is one way to do it, but can we maybe just stop having Josh chase his man beyond about 10 feet? Most other teams seem to figure this out. Not many 5's are actually dangerous outside.

Reaction Score
Live, the referees called a foul on the guy guarding Gaffney for blocking. When they reviewed the tape, they waived that off and called a Flagrant 1 on Gaffney for hitting the defender in the face.

They got it right.
I'm a casual fan so help me out. I thought you can't go to replay to change a foul call. I understand the F1 but wouldn't it still be a personal on the defender since it was called on him? Or did they change the call before the video?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm a casual fan so help me out. I thought you can't go to replay to change a foul call. I understand the F1 but wouldn't it still be a personal on the defender since it was called on him? Or did they change the call before the video?
That's where I was heading with my question, but needed to make sure I saw it right. I agree with BL that they got the call right, but were they allowed to reverse it?

Reaction Score

I don't know the technical answer, but the Flagrant preceded the block in any event.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom