Worst BCS school in CBB | The Boneyard

Worst BCS school in CBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Which team is the worst this season. I haven't done much research on the topic but these two must be candidates

d2Qobp.png

4vTltg.png

Reaction Score
BC is worse. Riverside took BC to OT, while USC trounced them.

Reaction Score
Look at USC's point per game numbers. They're pathetic. That's what makes me think they're terrible.

The Utah runnin utes are pretty bad too but I'm not sure if I consider them a BCS school yet.

5MzGpN.png

Reaction Score
For what its worth here are the worst teams according to the RPI:

Utah-311
Rutgers-294
Tennessee-274
St Johns-263
BC-252
Notre Dame-228
South Carolina-208
Iowa-206
Texas A&M-202???
Texas Tech-171

Texas A&M surprised me since they are ranked in both polls and then I saw they have played the 3rd easiest schedule of all D1 schools! It blows my mind that someone would schedule like this. They do play Florida today so they will get a boost but then they play Rice and some DII school. Unless they beat Florida today they will have zero quality wins going into Big 12 play and be relatively untested. As we have seen with schools like Syracuse and VT the committee does not look fondly on teams that played piss poor schedules. They still will play Kansas, Baylor and Missouri twice but they better win a few of those because beating up on Texas Tech, Iowa St, Oklahoma St and Oklahoma probably isn't going to cut it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
BCU. I saw Penn St. play in person earlier this year and, although they beat USF in the game I was at, they're pathetically awful. If BCU lost to them, I can't begin to wonder who could possibly be worse than BCU in a BCS conference. I truly feel sorry for how bad BCU is, and it takes a hell of a lot for me to feel sorry for BCU.

Reaction Score
Damn, we play 5 games against those teams in the BCS's bottom 10. We're definitely not getting the RPI help this year that we got last year. Last year, 9-9 in conference and a BET run landed us a #3 seed. This year, it might take 14-4 in conference to land us that seeding.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
For what its worth here are the worst teams according to the RPI:

Utah-311
Rutgers-294
Tennessee-274
St Johns-263
BC-252
Notre Dame-228
South Carolina-208
Iowa-206
Texas A&M-202???
Texas Tech-171

Texas A&M surprised me since they are ranked in both polls and then I saw they have played the 3rd easiest schedule of all D1 schools! It blows my mind that someone would schedule like this. They do play Florida today so they will get a boost but then they play Rice and some DII school. Unless they beat Florida today they will have zero quality wins going into Big 12 play and be relatively untested. As we have seen with schools like Syracuse and VT the committee does not look fondly on teams that played piss poor schedules. They still will play Kansas, Baylor and Missouri twice but they better win a few of those because beating up on Texas Tech, Iowa St, Oklahoma St and Oklahoma probably isn't going to cut it.

I just got home from watching Texas A&M play Florida today, and they didn't look like they should be ranked. Their perimeter defense was terrible, they were getting dominated on the boards, and it was 35-14 by the 3rd TV timeout. Florida looks REALLY good.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
how can you even compare the two? BC is pathetic

they were run out of the gym by Holy Cross & BU, 3 wins over the Little Sisters of the Poor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom