World Cup 2014 | The Boneyard

World Cup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
For those interested, IIRC there are a few soccer (football) fans on here, Klinsmann has released his 23 man roster for Brazil. Big surprise (it seems to everyone), no Landon Donovan.

GK - Tim Howard (Everton), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DF - DeMarcus Beasely (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting KC), Jonathon Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Nurnberg), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders)

MF - Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (Rosenberg), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas), Graham Zusi (Sporting KC)

FW - Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Aron Johannson (AZ Alkmaar), Chris Wondolowksi (San Jose Earthquakes)

They have a very tough draw, Group G. 5/16 vs Ghana, 5/22 vs Portugal and 5/26 vs Germany.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1st of 3 sendoff friendlies to prepare for the WC. USA beat rather recalcitrant Azerbaijan last night 2-0. Dempsey did not play, sat out due to a sore groin, but should be available for Turkey on Sunday (ESPN2, 2:00 ET). Substitute Mix Diskerud wore Donovan's "10" jersey and made good use of it scoring the winner, smashing in a rebound from a Michael Bradley shot late in the second half. Aron Johannson added another from a wide open header off a corner set piece.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Check the football board.
Ok thanks. I just figured these guys were "professionals" and I figured the other board was for UCONN pointyball. ;)

I'll head over.

Reaction Score
Ok thanks. I just figured these guys were "professionals" and I figured the other board was for UCONN pointyball. ;)

I'll head over.

Yeah. Might not be a bad idea to make a World Cup board, the threads are active enough, and once the real games get going there will be so much to talk about that only having one or two threads won't cut the mustard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom