Wordle Discussion Daily Spoilers | Page 118 | The Boneyard

Wordle Discussion Daily Spoilers

arch

Reaction Score
1690224652946.png

WORDLE says I did ”Great”. Thank you WORDLE.
Still, I don’t feel great.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
View attachment 90020
WORDLE says I did ”Great”. Thank you WORDLE.
Still, I don’t feel great.
Trying to decide what you could do after that excellent 2nd guess. Nothing it seems. POBOY is an inspired guess (and an excellent sandwich) but not a solution word. So it was just Hobby and Lobby. I don't subscribe to NYT so no bot, but you can check after the fact here.

Reaction Score
Trying to decide what you could do after that excellent 2nd guess. Nothing it seems. POBOY is an inspired guess (and an excellent sandwich) but not a solution word. So it was just Hobby and Lobby. I don't subscribe to NYT so no bot, but you can check after the fact here.

According to the bot, after guessing ROBIN, 36% guessed LOBBY and 35% guessed HOBBY. About 1% gussed POBOY, so @arch wasn't alone...though the bot didn't like that guess. Other guesses which apparently "worked" included GOBBY, DOBBY, COBBY...in the sense that they aren't possible solves, but Wordle would have accepted them as guesses.

This word took 4.5 guesses on average, again according to the bot. About 5% failed to solve.

arch

Reaction Score
According to the bot, after guessing ROBIN, 36% guessed LOBBY and 35% guessed HOBBY. About 1% gussed POBOY, so @arch wasn't alone...though the bot didn't like that guess. Other guesses which apparently "worked" included GOBBY, DOBBY, COBBY...in the sense that they aren't possible solves, but Wordle would have accepted them as guesses.

This word took 4.5 guesses on average, again according to the bot. About 5% failed to solve.
I have to admit that I didn’t know there was a difference between “possible solves“ and “allowable guesses” Or that there is a “bot”. So thanks.

I have learned how to take “screen shots”, so there’s that.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I have to admit that I didn’t know there was a difference between “possible solves“ and “allowable guesses” Or that there is a “bot”. So thanks.

I have learned how to take “screen shots”, so there’s that.
Yeah, not every guess they allow cam be a solution. One of my neighbors knows (or looks up) the prior solutions so never guesses those. She scores very well because she removes so many viable words that can’t be the solution. Helps narrow it down.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Given your starter word, I don't think anyone else who plays here would've opted for your 2nd word given 100s of other choices to burn an A, I, or U. Inspired guess.
Definitely not. Possibly CHEAP or WHILE. But the ST being eliminated, with H in spot 2 does limit options quite well.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
Given your starter word, I don't think anyone else who plays here would've opted for your 2nd word given 100s of other choices to burn an A, I, or U. Inspired guess.
I’m often trying the double letters on frequent vowels like e. Doesn’t always pay off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom