Word on the street: Texas to the Pac12... | The Boneyard

Word on the street: Texas to the Pac12...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Means 4 conferences only = less seats at the table (64). I was hoping that Texas would keep the B12 alive which would have meant 5 conferences and seats for 70-80 teams.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
When have any of these 'reports' from Texas been accurate? These 'reports' are just intentional leaks by Texas to give them leverage in their negotiations. I predict that Texas ends up going to the Big Ten with Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
When have any of these 'reports' from Texas been accurate? These 'reports' are just intentional leaks by Texas to give them leverage in their negotiations. I predict that Texas ends up going to the Big Ten with Notre Dame.

I think that politically, they will be pressured to stay with TT, and TT can't hack it in the B10. I think word on the street is just logic.

Reaction Score
All I know is that the Big Ten will not allow the ACC to snatch both UConn AND Rutgers. There has to be something in the works soon because all of the schools involved are getting very antsy. It's gonna be a wild week or 2!

Reaction Score
This is not going to last 2 weeks. This is part when the music has stopped and everyone is looking for a seat. Its going to be mostly settled this week.

Reaction Score
All I know is that the Big Ten will not allow the ACC to snatch both UConn AND Rutgers. There has to be something in the works soon because all of the schools involved are getting very antsy. It's gonna be a wild week or 2!

I could see the Big10 doing this, but I can also see the Big10 grabbing ND and someone else and stopping at 14.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My guess is that the B1G moves at their own pace, not concerning themselves with the rush to sixteen that other conferences are currently involved in. It wouldn't surprise me if they wait a few years before looking into further expansion.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Texas has 2 objectives:

1) Protect the LHN. Failing that, then

2) Join the strongest conference. This is the Pac 12. It has the best region of the country and the most money.

Texas fought the fight for the LHN and lost. Time to pick a winner.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The SEC has won the BCS National title multiple times the past decade, when was the last time the The PAC 12 won the big one? 2004 season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The SEC has won the BCS National title multiple times the past decade, when was the last time the The PAC 12 won the big one? 2004 season?

The Pac 12 will earn about $5 to $10MM more per team per year than the SEC will over the next 10 years and the have their own network so their revenue model is much more flexible than the SEC's. The SEC can have its titles.

Reaction Score
The Pac 12 will earn about $5 to $10MM more per team per year than the SEC will over the next 10 years and the have their own network so their revenue model is much more flexible than the SEC's. The SEC can have its titles.

Exactly. No one cares about quality of play on the field. It is all about the $$$$$$ and PAC-12 got plenty.

Reaction Score
Exactly. No one cares about quality of play on the field. It is all about the $$$$$$ and PAC-12 got plenty.

There are more eyeballs in the state of California alone to subscribe to the LHN or whatever it ends up as, than just about the entire SEC territory. Not to mention Phoenix, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City....$$$$$$$

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
The NYT is now saying that the Texoma 4 are very close to heading west.

Apparently UT brass and PAC12 honchos have been hunkered down in LA this weekend hashing out modifications to the LHN to fit in with the other regional networks, with major progress being made. Interesting stuff...

Reaction Score
There are more eyeballs in the state of California alone to subscribe to the LHN or whatever it ends up as, than just about the entire SEC territory. Not to mention Phoenix, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City....$$$$$$$

But those eyeballs are focused on bikinis on the beach, not like the south.

Reaction Score
There are several sites reporting that Texas to the PAC 12 is heating up - along with OU, OK state and Texas Tech. That would be 16. Does that make it more likely that the ACC and Big Ten go to 16?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
There are several sites reporting that Texas to the PAC 12 is heating up - along with OU, OK state and Texas Tech. That would be 16. Does that make it more likely that the ACC and Big Ten go to 16?

Yes I think it does make it much more likely.

Reaction Score
again, my thoughts from the beginning were texas using the acc to leverage the pac in negotiating the tv deal.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
It seems the PAC-16 will happen but the announcement may be held back for a few days--Oklahoma and Texas will walk away with contingent approvals and not need to return for further approval if the terms are met.

Reaction Score
Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech are in talks with the Pac-12, multiple sources tell Orangebloods.com.

A source close to Texas and another one of the four schools says if Texas was to go to the Pac-12 it would be allowed to keep a "modified" version of the network.

Texas would be allowed to keep most, if not all, of its third-tier revenue under a formula being devised as long as the other schools in the Pac-16 meet a certain threshold of revenue, sources said.

The Pac-16 would most likely be divided into four-team pods with Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech in one pod; Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah in another pod; Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State in another pod; and USC, UCLA, Cal and Stanford in the other pod, the sources said.

The sources said the schools would play every other school in their pod and then face two other schools from the other pods (with those two teams from the other pod rotating every two years, so there would be home and away games) to form a 9-game conference schedule.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1266871

Reaction Score
The Big Ten isn't going to 16 just for the sake of going to 16. Same goes for 13, 14 or 15. If the teams don't mesh, they will stay at 12. They spent 20 years at 11, they are perfectly fine having a count outside the norm.

Reaction Score
The Big Ten isn't going to 16 just for the sake of going to 16. Same goes for 13, 14 or 15. If the teams don't mesh, they will stay at 12. They spent 20 years at 11, they are perfectly fine having a count outside the norm.

the pac-10 spent decades at 10, the acc spent decades at 9, the BE spent decades at less than 10. Times are different.

Reaction Score
the pac-10 spent decades at 10, the acc spent decades at 9, the BE spent decades at less than 10. Times are different.

The ACC is trying to expand its meager pie. The Big10 has a huge pie and they don't want others eating it unless they are excellent cooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom