Word on the street: 'Cuse and Pitt talking to the ACC... | The Boneyard

Word on the street: 'Cuse and Pitt talking to the ACC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Per the NY Times.

Something smells fishy about this on all fronts - don't know what to make of it...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
They don't add enough value in football to make it worthwhile for the ACC. Maybe the SEC is going to pluck a few from the ACC, and they need 12 bodies to continue having a championship game?

Reaction Score
Football conference of UConn, UMass, Rutgers, Cincy, UCF, Buffalo, ECU, KState, Iowa State looking likely.

As I wrote last week, Herbst needed to be proactive. Obviously SU and Pitt have been.

F

fortebleedsblue

I ALREAY SAID THIS!!!!!!! Cuse and Pitt to ACC... WVU to SEC .. UConn = Conf USA

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
rumor # 3,263

(yes, I have an actual tally)

Reaction Score
The Pittsburgh chancellor, Mark Nordenberg, who is widely credited with saving the Big East after Boston College, Miami and Virginia Tech moved to the A.C.C. in the early 2000s, twice declined to comment when reached at his home. Syracuse Athletic Director Daryl Gross, when reached on his cellphone in Los Angeles, where the Orange will play Southern California on Saturday, also declined to comment. "I can't comment on that," Gross said. "Maybe that's even too much to say."

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The Pittsburgh chancellor, Mark Nordenberg, who is widely credited with saving the Big East after Boston College, Miami and Virginia Tech moved to the A.C.C. in the early 2000s, twice declined to comment when reached at his home. Syracuse Athletic Director Daryl Gross, when reached on his cellphone in Los Angeles, where the Orange will play Southern California on Saturday, also declined to comment. "I can't comment on that," Gross said. "Maybe that's even too much to say."
Yikes!

It amazes me the BE may yet snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Just keep your head down, hang together and wait for the new contract. If we don't blink, we win.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
it was just talked about on sc

Reaction Score
The paralysis in the AD's office, as well as Herbst falling asleep on this issue, haven't helped. I imagine that "keep[ing] your head down" wasn' t the wisest of strategies.

Yikes!

It amazes me the BE may yet snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Just keep your head down, hang together and wait for the new contract. If we don't blink, we win.
Yikes!

Reaction Score
At this point, dont really care. I'll support our teams regardless. We'll just have to replicate what Boise State and Memphis/Butler/Gonzaga are doing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yikes!

This is a bad outcome for the ACC and the Big East. This has ESPN's fingerprints all over it. They saw Comcast about to get a property, so they went and destroyed it. WVU didn't help themselves by flirting with the SEC.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just what evidence do you have that there is paralysis in the AD's office and Herbst is asleep at the wheel? That they haven't voiced their plans directly to you?

Reaction Score
Geez I wonder what advice Lew Perkins gave Paul Pendergast and President Herbst tonight while chatting in the luxury suite?

Reaction Score
I ALREAY SAID THIS!!!!!!! Cuse and Pitt to ACC... WVU to SEC .. UConn = Conf USA

With the way we've been playing Conf USA sounds about right... but since our Mens and Womens BBall programs are so well established we may very well end up an independent in Football only... Nobody wants to pay to see that crappy offense ( be honest is all... seriously folks, that offense is inexcusably offensive )

CL82

Reaction Score
Geez I wonder what advice Lew Perkins gave Paul Pendergast and President Herbst tonight while chatting in the luxury suite?
Run?

CL82

Reaction Score
The paralysis in the AD's office, as well as Herbst falling asleep on this issue, haven't helped. I imagine that "keep[ing] your head down" wasn' t the wisest of strategies.
Wow you disliked my post so much you quoted it twice...and yet you missed the point. If the league hangs together we win. It is just a function of time. But the problem is that no one knows if they can trust the other schools.

Reaction Score
apparently ISU and Baylor have reached out to the BE in case the b12 falls apart. i think the best case scenario would be for KU,KSU,Mizzou, ISU, and Baylor to combine with the BE and keep one of the names (prob big 12). hopefully UT wants to stay as well and then we could have a solid conference and a lot of money to pass around

Reaction Score
Evidently you fail to see how asinine your use of the word "if" is; an impossible condition. If frogs had holsters they could carry handguns.

The writing was on the wall when marinatto invited nova without pitt and wvu's approval. At that time, uconn should have been proactive.

Without a president and then an ad, there was a vacuum. I know for a fact that there was inaction. But content yourself with lawsuits and antitrust theories...and party like its 2003 again. I warned of this three weeks ago.

Wow you disliked my post so much you quoted it twice...and yet you missed the point. If the league hangs together we win. It is just a function of time. But the problem is that no one knows if they can trust the other schools.

Reaction Score
apparently ISU and Baylor have reached out to the BE in case the b12 falls apart. i think the best case scenario would be for KU,KSU,Mizzou, ISU, and Baylor to combine with the BE and keep one of the names (prob big 12). hopefully UT wants to stay as well and then we could have a solid conference and a lot of money to pass around

Not sure that's enough to keep BCS AQ status, especially if WVU goes south as well.

Reaction Score
Evidently you fail to see how asinine your use of the word "if" is; an impossible condition. If frogs had holsters they could carry handguns.

The writing was on the wall when marinatto invited nova without pitt and wvu's approval. At that time, uconn should have been proactive.

Without a president and then an ad, there was a vacuum. I know for a fact that there was inaction. But content yourself with lawsuits and antitrust theories...and party like its 2003 again. I warned of this three weeks ago.

What should we have done three weeks ago when you were warning everyone?

Reaction Score
Not sure that's enough to keep BCS AQ status, especially if WVU goes south as well.

we would kinda be grandfathered in to the system and as long as the teams dont get split up into conf USA/MAC/Sun belt/etc we should be guaranteed our AQ status (if not just because of bball). i couldnt imagine seeing UConn bball moving to a non-AQ conf after winning the national title last year

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yikes!

You're sure about this?

From all accounts at least a few football members (after being tired of hearing about the huge TV contract that is on the horizon) had basically said "show me this will happen" to Marinatto. The belief has been more of a we'll believe it when we see it than blind faith in the reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom