Word has it.... | The Boneyard

Word has it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Cuse might be staring down a 2 year ban, maybe we can pull another Donyell Marshall :oops:

Reaction Score
If Cuse gets a 2 year ban, what does UNC get? At least 4.

Reaction Score
Is that even a punishment for Cuse? This will just save them the embarrassment of another tourney flameout.

If you're going to punish them, at least take away some scholarships. Recruiting is one thing they're actually good at.

Reaction Score
Given their transgressions, two years would be appropriate, for years 16 and 17.

I have a feeling that UNC is going to get the death penalty along with vacated ttitles, just my gut feeling.

Reaction Score
You would never know that there was any problem with either of them if you have watched their recent games on ESPN.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
How many of their recruits would decommit and look elsewhere? I looked and UConn was listed as having been among the last 5 schools on the lists of 3 out of 4 recruits.

Reaction Score
Is that even a punishment for Cuse? This will just save them the embarrassment of another tourney flameout.

If you're going to punish them, at least take away some scholarships. Recruiting is one thing they're actually good at.

Do you really think a two year tournament ban won't effect their recruiting?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Given their transgressions, two years would be appropriate, for years 16 and 17.

I have a feeling that UNC is going to get the death penalty along with vacated ttitles, just my gut feeling.
Im willing to bet good $$$ that nothing close to the severity of that happens to UNC.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Where you hearing this?
One of my good friends works at SU, not saying he has some double secret probation insider privileged info, but that's what he's hearing among his colleagues

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So they're only banning us 2 years for this? Wow, how generous. :cool:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hate the NCAA
I don't trust them at all to be equitable and 2 yrs for all that happened at SU vs 1 yr for what occurred at UConn???
And NC - why does my heart tell me the NCAA won't touch their blue bloods
I detest the NCAA

Reaction Score
the p5 are watching the ncaa and you can be sure that if these schools don't receive the punishment they deserve, the p5 will want nothing to do with ncaa oversight. There's a ton of pressure on the ncaa to show the p5 that they will do the right thing.

Reaction Score
A two year ban is way worse for the program than a one year ban. A one year ban, as we proved, can be little more than a bump in the road if handled properly. A two year postseason ban is something that can set a program back a decade, and with Boeheim as old as he is, it could potentially be devastating.

As much as I hate Cuse, I don't see how you can justify banning them two years given what other programs have gotten away with.

Reaction Score
They will self impose one for this year as they are just a bubble team as is.

Reaction Score
You would never know that there was any problem with either of them if you have watched their recent games on ESPN.
Exactly. They're on the ACC Network now and McDonough and Bilas haven't said a word about any academic investigations. We did a poll on this a while back, the majority of the people felt they'd get no punishment whatsoever. It's infuriating what royalty treatment they continue to get.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Exactly. They're on the ACC Network now and McDonough and Bilas haven't said a word about any academic investigations. We did a poll on this a while back, the majority of the people felt they'd get no punishment whatsoever. It's infuriating what royalty treatment they continue to get.
So true, this got me thinking. I actually recently watched the first half of the UConn-Kentucky game in MSG from '10 (recommend you do the same). It was being covered by Bilas and Vitale. Throughout the entire first half, Bilas covered the details of the play by play, while Vitale did one of two things: (a) commend Calipari for how amazing of a recruiter he is and how "he's also a great coach BABY!" and (b) whenever it was time to discuss UConn and the players, to discuss the Nate Miles recruitment sanctions and the off-the-court issues of some of our guys like Price and Stix. I really recommend you guys go watch the replay, it really is comical how when it comes to UConn theres nothing to talk about basketball related but to repeatedly harp on our mistakes.

Even with guys like Miles who never even played at UConn, Vitale made it seem like we paid the guy 100k to suit up. Its no wonder dumb*ass fans of other programs on message boards always pull something Nate Miles related that is riddled with fallacies as a reason to hate us, because the media makes sure they remember. Now watch a SU or UNC game on ESPN and its like nothing ever even happened. Im willing to wager $100 Vitale or none of those guys mention a thing related to SU's investigation in the upcoming Duke-Cuse College Gameday coverage (yuk).

Reaction Score
So true, this got me thinking. I actually recently watched the first half of the UConn-Kentucky game in MSG from '10 (recommend you do the same). It was being covered by Bilas and Vitale. Throughout the entire first half, Bilas covered the details of the play by play, while Vitale did one of two things: (a) commend Calipari for how amazing of a recruiter he is and how "he's also a great coach BABY!" and (b) whenever it was time to discuss UConn and the players, to discuss the Nate Miles recruitment sanctions and the off-the-court issues of some of our guys like Price and Stix. I really recommend you guys go watch the replay, it really is comical how when it comes to UConn theres nothing to talk about basketball related but to repeatedly harp on our mistakes.

Even with guys like Miles who never even played at UConn, Vitale made it seem like we paid the guy 100k to suit up. Its no wonder dumb*ass fans of other programs on message boards always pull something Nate Miles related that is riddled with fallacies as a reason to hate us, because the media makes sure they remember. Now watch a SU or UNC game on ESPN and its like nothing ever even happened. Im willing to wager $100 Vitale or none of those guys mention a thing related to SU's investigation in the upcoming Duke-Cuse College Gameday coverage (yuk).
If you find any takers, I'll double the bet. All they'll continue to do is blow these teams and the ACC. Vitale might even take his dentures out for Coach K.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
If you find any takers, I'll double the bet. All they'll continue to do is blow these teams and the ACC. Vitale might even take his dentures out for Coach K.
No your wrong, at this point following K's 1000th win, Vitale is a permanent fixture on the tip of Coach K's p enis, sort of like these guys:
cleaner%20fish%20on%20nurse%20shark.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC