Woohoo! Ollie top 10 on ESPN | The Boneyard

Woohoo! Ollie top 10 on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not that there was much doubt, but it's nice to see the great KO not getting stiffed by ESPN. Sean Miller just missing out on the top 10 with today's announcement

Reaction Score
Pretty much wherever he ends up now, I'll be satisfied.

Ironically, when Miller finished his second season at Arizona, and had clearly brought the program back to national prominence, I was really jealous. Arizona only had one title at the time, but I felt that Arizona belonged to Lute Olsen the same way that UConn belonged to Jim Calhoun, and I looked at how they'd replaced Olsen with a very talented young coach, and I was worried about whether we'd be able to do the same. And now, here we are, with a hot young coach, coming off a title, media darling, and he's homegrown, too. I can't imagine how the transition could have possibly gone any better.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
How low can O go? 9? 8?. He is in some excellent company now.

Reaction Score
How low can O go? 9? 8?. He is in some excellent company now.

I say no lower then 4, he's 2-0 against Izzo and 2-0 against Donovan he has the same championships as Bill Self

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I say no lower then 4, he's 2-0 against Izzo and 2-0 against Donovan he has the same championships as Bill Self

I don't see him going lower than 7. There are some great coaches with more of a track record. I would rank Donovan better than Ollie at this moment. I would not be upset if KO was next.

U

UCONNfan1

It really depends on how "current" they are. If it's the past 5 years or so, then I could see Ollie going 9th or so. If it's only the last 2 years, Ollie has to be #2 or 3. I say somewhere in the middle - about 5 or so. 6 at the lowest.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If I was choosing a coach going forward, I would pick Ollie. As UCONNfan1 said it is about how you interpret the criteria. Very vague in the article. If you go by the past 3-5 years Coach K goes out and Ollie can't compete with 1 NCAA tourney appearance (even with the NC) Count it as who would you start a program with, hard to beat KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom