OT: Woodstock 50 cancelled. | The Boneyard

OT: Woodstock 50 cancelled.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I did an MS150 ride to Woodstock 25. The second day poured and they pulled most of the riders off the course because of lightening. I was one of 23 riders who finished. We got to to Yasgers Farm only to find mud rain some lousy music, and no food. Our change of clothes had been shipped to Woodstock firehouse where we got trucked. There about 150 bikers stripped down and we meandered until we found our dry clothes. It was an interesting weekend because the National Guard that was supposed to be assigned to support the ride got called up for? Yes Desert Storm! God hopefully blessed them!

Reaction Score
I did an MS150 ride to Woodstock 25. The second day poured and they pulled most of the riders off the course because of lightening. I was one of 23 riders who finished. We got to to Yasgers Farm only to find mud rain some lousy music, and no food. Our change of clothes had been shipped to Woodstock firehouse where we got trucked. There about 150 bikers stripped down and we meandered until we found our dry clothes. It was an interesting weekend because the National Guard that was supposed to be assigned to support the ride got called up for? Yes Desert Storm! God hopefully blessed them!
Any boneyarders go to Woodstock?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I did not, but my brother had bought several tix for the infamous Powder Ridge Music Festival.

We didn't attempt going once we heard the news.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I forced my kids to watch the Netflix Fyre Festival documentary. I wanted my daughter to see how "influencers" work and that there is truly no reason to be influenced by any of them.
Follow up in 30 days w/the Hulu documentary for extra protection.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This and all the other "lets try and recreate the Woodstock experience" all fall flat on their faces
I wasn't quite old enough to go the the farm in 69 but my cousin and several of my older friends made it
You cannot create a once in a life time experience
Leave it be

Reaction Score
I met a girl from England in the city one weekend in the 80’s who happened to be a nanny in Woodstock. I ended up visiting her a couple of weeks later and we hooked up.
So I am playing the “ I got laid at Woodstock” card.

Reaction Score
Yeah, let's face it. I doubt this anything to do with creating an experience. It was cancelled due to one thing(IMO)…..Money. Couldn't pull it off. This should have been in planning for 2 years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Went to Tanglewood once. Got slipped some bad Merlot.
I think I was at that concert. Fortunately I heard the warning and stayed away from it.
"Hey man there's some bad merlot flowing out there... "

(Not sure but the guy on the left may be Fishy.)

Reaction Score
Yep....got there on Saturday around noon by driving north on Route 9W, west over the hill and then south to within 3 miles of the site (I-84 was closed west of the bridge at Newburgh). Walked the rest of the way carrying 2 cases of beer with my buds. Stayed all afternoon and left around 12:00 am Sunday morning, hence missing the early morning rain. What an unbelievable day and education. After seeing scrawny ugly guys with the hippy babes bathing nude in the ponds along the road while we were walking, 3 of the 4 of us decided to become hippies that fall! It was truly an incredible 12-hour experience!

Reaction Score
[very ESPN ad read voice]:

“Woodstock 50

Brought to you by:

Northrop-Grumman, a family company, bringing the world peace through strength since 1955

And

Exon-mobile: it’s a gas, man.”

Reaction Score
I did not, but my brother had bought several tix for the infamous Powder Ridge Music Festival.

We didn't attempt going once we heard the news.

Holy crap, I did not know that even existed (I was -9 at the time). Now I got something to do other than my job today. Many thanks!

Reaction Score
I was at both Woodstock 94 and 99.

94 was one of the coolest memories of my life.

99 was an out of control disaster. I hated it. I left day-2. Exhausting heat, overcrowded, human feces everywhere. And the bros were out of control. It was like the exact opposite of 94 for me, which was rainy - but awesome.

They were going to charge $400+ a ticket for this, so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom