Woodard Slip | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Woodard Slip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And neither Doris nor whasisname made an issue of it. This is one of those kind of instances where the commn logic is "at that point in a close game, the ref can't make that call and affect the outcome."

Bullexcrement! I've never understood this logic (or lack thereof). NOT making the call on an obvious infraction has equal bearing on the possible outcome of the game as making it.
I think the ref's called a travel on Langdon in the 99 championship game, well because he traveled .
Ref's don't interpret rules , they call what happens.
The only sport that allows interpretion is soccer.
But soccer has no rules it has laws

Reaction Score
Yeah this call was one of the most blatant travel calls I saw. I know RB fell down once also and wasn't called for a travel but I believe he kept his dribble. The refs have been very inconsistent this whole tournament with some ticky tacky calls and then letting physical plays go without a foul.

Hopefully this game is refereed fair for both teams! Let the teams win it out on the court!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Ref's don't interpret rules , they call what happens.

If that were completely accurate, they would have called a travel yesterday. He slid 3 feet with both hands on the ball.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
This is not a travel? If the claim is that he lost possession as he slipped, there was never simultaneous possession after that, and the ball rolled away from him, directly to Omar, who picked it up, so it should have been our ball under that interpretation. But I really can't ever recall a slip-slide like this not being called a travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom